Onkyo 501 Or Pioneer 812??

U

Unregistered

i can get either of these for 200 bucks.i want something decient that will last a while.im not interested in blowing the roof off,but i do have a 200 watt 15 inch sub and 5 radioshack (forgive me )speakers with the linealum tweeter which i happen to like the sound of.
im a button freak so the pioneer is really looking cool,but the quality of onkyo is very apparent and ive herd/read good things about pioneer recievers.
using only theese two recievers as options...which would you choose for a system?ill be doing mostly movies and some music.
thanks in advance for any and all comments .

U

Unregistered

im not feeling any luv here :(.maybe my guestion is too mundane or the equipment is too cheap?i did a search and didnt see a similar question B).or maybe im just too sensitive and impatient?thanks to the few that looked anyway..ill probally get the pioneer.....take care folks :D

U

Unregistered

I don't think you'll be unhappy with either receiver. The Pioneer will be a bit more powerful for stereo listening, not sure for surround sound (the higher rating doesn't necessarily mean more power when all channels are driven). I also think for an entry level receiver, the Pioneer will be a bit better because it will be a bit more forgiving on music whereas the faults in the entry Onkyo may be more obvious (onkyo may be more detailed but in an entry level receiver, this may not be a good thing).
With your speakers, you can't go wrong. I personally would buy whichever fit best/you liked the look of.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis