One video source displayed on two plasmas

O

okidoki

Audiophyte
Hi, I'm thinking about setting up a couple of 42" plasma displays running off a single video source (DVD player). What is the best approach to something like this? I'd imagine I would need some kind of video splitter and possibly a video amplifier (is there such a thing?). The cabling distance between the plasmas will be approx. 20' and 45'. Any suggestions? Thanks!

O

okidoki

Audiophyte
Hey, thanks! Given the distances between the splitter and plasma, would an amplified unit be required?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I would think the 20' run would probably be ok if you use reasonably well made cables, but the 45' run may be pushing it. Maybe bmxtrix will be along to give you a better answer. My opinion though would be to go ahead and get an amplified unit if the price difference isn't all that great - better safe than sorry. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks.

A distribution amplfier from Geffen or Extron, or a host of other manufacturers... but most notably those two, will give you full signal quality to both locations. The product isn't a 1-in 2-out pass thru. It is a POWERED 1-in 2-out. From those companies you can rest assured that they are focusing on making sure the image is as clean as possible with as little noise as possible added to the signal.

I use 2 Extron distribution amplifiers and will likely be adding a switcher for component and composite video to my system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis