D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Mecum Chicago

2021 jeep gladiator apocalypse hellfire. Modded to be a 6x6 hahaha. Definitely a military type vehicle. 6.2 hemi with a supercharger on top lol. The bid peaked at 160k and the consignor wanted 200k and they split the difference.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lotus Evija most powerful production car ever. 2KHP!!

The electric hypercar was confirmed on Friday with a combined output from its four-motor powertrain of 2,011 hp, making it the most powerful car in production. The setup is also said to deliver 1,256 lb-ft of torque

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
'54 Ford Customline-- don't ever remember the rear being that low?:p

1667038989860.png

smormardko

smormardko

Audiophyte
Wow, what a beautiful car. I want to arrange a test drive on it to experience what it's like to be driving such a car. But the price is huge since it is vintage, and so far, I will not be able to purchase it. However, there are similar models in the Japanese automotive industry. I think my dream will come true someday if I can buy a few jdm cars in such a vintage style. I am sure Japanese cars are much better than our American ones because they take the car's assembly much more seriously than our car industry.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In the world of ICE right now and for the $$$ Chevy is king !!!

Il Divo (1500HP) loses to Plaid.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Amphicar '61-68. The car with propellers that can run on water. :cool:
1668908318406.png

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Amphicar '61-68. The car with propellers that can run on water. :cool:
View attachment 58698
Steve Plunkett in London, Ontario, is a big car collector and opened up his estate for the Fleetwood Country Cruize-In for 15 years. It was a big charity fund raiser with hundreds of cars and he would bring in bands from the 50's and 60's as well. There would be several Amphicars there each year and they would "pilot" them through one of his big ponds. Sad to see the event shut down in 2019.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The times they are a changing ..........

Subaru did this with STI, it is now a separate brand from Subaru. I wonder if they will spin off a brand for EV or if STI will become that not unlike what Volvo did with Polestar. For Chevy, they basically have to, because the Corvette likely makes it nearly impossible to meet the passenger car mileage requirements. Making it a separate brand removes that issue from them, but now that brand has to meet it as well.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Subaru did this with STI, it is now a separate brand from Subaru. I wonder if they will spin off a brand for EV or if STI will become that not unlike what Volvo did with Polestar. For Chevy, they basically have to, because the Corvette likely makes it nearly impossible to meet the passenger car mileage requirements. Making it a separate brand removes that issue from them, but now that brand has to meet it as well.
First off comparing the history, legacy of an STI to Corvette is a stretch and as for the fuel mileage, yeah the new ZO6 drinks the petrol but the base Stingray has no equal that I know of when it come to fuel mileage for the performance offered. My 21 year old ZO6 easily gets 25-30 mpg, 70mph is at 1700rpm.

Some info to ponder regarding the 'spin-off' .........

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
First off comparing the history, legacy of an STI to Corvette is a stretch and as for the fuel mileage, yeah the new ZO6 drinks the petrol but the base Stingray has no equal that I know of when it come to fuel mileage for the performance offered. My 21 year old ZO6 easily gets 25-30 mpg, 70mph is at 1700rpm.

Some info to ponder regarding the 'spin-off' .........

The mileage requirement is a lot higher than that. I think they said the MINUMUM requirement going forward will be around 43MPG, so 25-30, while really good for a V8 (I am impressed that the big trucks can get 20+mpg too) will still hurt them.

The STI cars currently are more or less dead. They are working to make a hybrid and likely looking at full electric at some point going forward. Hybrid basically doesn't make sense now, and even the NSX hybrid is discontinued.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The mileage requirement is a lot higher than that. I think they said the MINUMUM requirement going forward will be around 43MPG, so 25-30, while really good for a V8 (I am impressed that the big trucks can get 20+mpg too) will still hurt them.

The STI cars currently are more or less dead. They are working to make a hybrid and likely looking at full electric at some point going forward. Hybrid basically doesn't make sense now, and even the NSX hybrid is discontinued.
Unless I'm wrong it based on CAFE, Corporate 'average' Fuel Economy ? Regardless, for as long as the ICE Corvette survives I'm quite confident it will do just fine ! ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, CAFE. It is increasing. Many companies scrambled to add hybrids to their lineup in order to offset their low mileage cars previously. So with that requirement increasing, it just means they need to figure out what to do with those models, like spin them off into another company.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I suspect GM's driving motivation was to do what VW / Porsche has done, making the Macan their #1 selling vehicle so as to further help fund new development for the 911 and 718.....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am not sure how a Vette truck or SUV sounds as an idea, but I agree, they know there is a market for it. It will be a rebranded Denali - Tahoe/Silverado.

AFAIK, the Macan started life as an Audi. Not sure if it began as a common platform or was modified into that, but they no doubt engineer them all common now. Just like the Urus shares the Q8 platform. A friend of mine has a Macan, it is a really nice SUV.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis