older paradigm speakers much different new ?

M

mike slater

Audiophyte
i have paradigm speakers that are about 14 years old (monitor 9s , adp-350 ,and cc350 ). are the current speakers much of an improvement , looking at the specs (which don't make a lot of sense to me ) the values are pretty similar …. i have been thinking of upgrading my center , but don't know if current model is really a upgrade or would it timber match the other speakers, or moving up to the Preference line would be a match my surrounds

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's crucial to exactly match left/right and center - to be same brand, model and series (if possible identical)
I won't recommend upgrading parts of LCR, unless you follow rule mentioned above.
Speakers didn't drastically changed in 20-30 years, I won't recommend upgrading them to new Paradigms, but that said - If your upgradesis kicks - try to listed to different speakers available
Some of them you might like more than others

M

mike slater

Audiophyte
thanks … i really don't have the money right now to do all of them…..since a center is 80% of the sound i was just wondering if i can improve that at least for now. seems like i heard years ago the Paradigm speakers were timber match across the different lines

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
i have paradigm speakers that are about 14 years old (monitor 9s , adp-350 ,and cc350 ). are the current speakers much of an improvement , looking at the specs (which don't make a lot of sense to me ) the values are pretty similar ….
The newer ones (Monitors) will tend to have a more boosted treble response.

M

mike slater

Audiophyte
emailed Paradigm the question about current line timber matching old line…they claim they are timber matched…. i only want to get a better center

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis