Old school subwoofer, new school reciever

M

Motherbrain

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I've got a Pioneer reciever that I'm trying to connect an old (unpowered) Cerwin Vega SW-12 subwoofer to (this subwoofer has sentimental value!). &nbsp;The reciever has a single output jack, something like &quot;Sub Pre-Out&quot;, whereas the s/w has clip terminals; left, right and two high frequency outs. &nbsp;

My question is, can I buy a regular subwoofer connect cable, take off one of the connectors and just run the exposed wires into the clip terminals or do I have to get a new subwoofer.</font>

<font color='#000000'>You can still use your sub, but you shouldn't use the &quot;sub-out&quot; RCA connector on your receiver.

You'll need to set your receiver settings to have your front speakers set to &quot;large&quot; then run your front speaker outputs into the speaker inputs on the sub. Then run the speaker outputs from the sub &quot;high frequency outs&quot; to your speakers.

Be sure to set the receiver to send the subwoofer signal to &quot;MAINS&quot;

The sub will act as a crossover and take all the sub frequencies sent to it by the receiver...

See:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtip....nel.php</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis