Old Paradigm Studios or New Prestige

J

Joe Figueiredo

Enthusiast
Pair of used Studio 60s and CC690 centre would cost almost half as much as a brand new Prestige 75F pair with a 55C centre.

Am I missing something? Would the newer Prestiges (also, just being new but assuming the Studios would be in good condition), so would the newer Prestiges be that much better sounding than the Studio combo?

Or am I better off going with the used Studio line?

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I haven't had ears on the new line of digms. Have you listened to both the prestige and studios? If not, I would try to find a way if possible. It's up to your ears to decide if the new series is worth the price. IMO Paradigm's price to performance ratio has dropped significantly in the last few years (and I own S2s and S8s). If it were my money, I would go used or start auditioning more brands in the same price range as the Presteige.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed, You can find much better value elsewhere. Also there's nothing wrong with buying used speakers, as long as they are in a good nick and you like their sound.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
My first major speaker set was the Studio 60v4 and they worked out great for Home Theater. I had the Studio 100v5 and really enjoyed them for Home Theater. I had 0 complaints, I moved the T1s because they are significantly more detailed for music. As someone who has demo'd the Prestiges 95f they are a marked improvement over the studio IMO

The main difference between the Studio and the Prestige Series IMO was the detail on the lower end. I felt the Studio series went deeper, but lost some detail, the Prestige didn't seem quite as low, but their was more detail in the lower end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis