old audiosource ss5 surround spound processor

X

xizor

Audiophyte
old audiosource ss5 surround sound processor

A friend of mine asked me If I could find the "electronic plan" for this unit since it needs repair because the center channel is not working as properly.
But the repair shop he went to (cheap and really busy guy) can't seem to find these "plan". So he asked me if I could find them on the internet for him.

Anyhow any help with this would be apreciated.
here is a link to the manuel for the unit.
ftp://208.187.38.55/Audiosource/Manuals/surround_sound/ssfive.pdf

Last edited:
JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Have you tried the manufacturers websight for the (schematic diagram) plan. :cool:

B

BGLeduc

Junior Audioholic
I have one of these (it was my first SS processor). Its long since retired, and I don't have a schematic, but I am going to toss something out on the odd chance it may help.

My unit also had a problem with the center channel, it would cut out on occasion. After some experimentation, I determined that the issue was mechanical...I could give the unit a good whack, and it would sometimes come back on.

Here is the punchline...

There was a capacitor on the board that had a faulty solder joint. Apparently, this component was somehow in the signal path for the center channel.

I found it by taking the cover off the processor, and putting pressure on the board in various spots. It was actually very easy to find and repair once I determined what area of the board seemed to be affected.

Not sure this would help, but these units are well over 10 years old, and may not be worth investing any $$$$ to fix.

Good luck.

Brian

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis