Ok I have to ask DTS OR DD

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
jmgillespie said:
I have a 5.1 setup (paradigm legends fronts and rears, paradigm cc270, and a svs 25-31pc+ set at 20hz). My question is should I play it in dd because I only 5.1 or DTS even though that is a 6 channel setup? I've been switching back and forth between each to see which I prefer but still can't decide.
Unless its changed,DD and DTS are both 5.1./6.1

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
Not to be defensive, just to identify the environment in which I hear these things. I've heard the same thing in a couple of other well done rooms with sufficient subwoofage to accurately reproduce real sub 20Hz response reasonably flat and with good integration to the mains.

My setup is as follows:

Dynaudio Contour 3.3's from 60Hz up driven by a modded Sunfire Cinema Grand via a Theta Casanova - 24db/octave xover - Butterworth or Phase Perfect xover type depending on HT or Music.

Sub is a ServoDrive ContraBass driven by a parallel mono Crown MT1200 and EQ'd flat with a Symetrix 551E parametric EQ.

Room is treated appropriately with broadband bass absorbtion, etc. It is approximately 8x17x21, room in a room, double drywall, soffiting, etc. System bass response in room is within +/-4db up to 105db down to 17Hz.

I don't think it's the system or the room. Again, it's personal preference. I'm very sensitive to abberations in the bass ( have to be or I wouldn't have blown the $$$ on that sub setup ). To others, the dynamics might be more important.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis