TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Okay,  I'm a bit confused on the &quot;ohm&quot; issue.

I really don't understand what it all means.

I have the Anthem MCA 50 Amplifier which runs as follows (from the Anthem site):

POWER OUTPUT
(Continuous RMS, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, &lt;1.0% THD, AC line voltage held constant at full load)

Impedance :     ¥ 8                ¥ 4                    ¥ 2    

# of Channels Driven 1 All 1 All 1 All

MCA 50 :   225 W 180 W    370 W 265 W    535 W 340 W*

The speakers I want ,   are listed as follows:  &quot;Nominal Impedance:  6 ohm &quot;  

Will this be a problem for my Amp or speakers? I don't see &quot;6 ohm &quot;  listed on my  Anthem MCA 50 specs.  

Will they work well together?  

Can my Amp drive these speakers?  

Can my amp drive them efficiently?

I've been using the Paradigm Monitor 9 V.3's,  and they've worked well together.  But I'm concerned about the compatibility of these other speakers,  with the MCA 50.

I have a feeling that as long as the impedence falls between 8 and 2 ohms,  I'm okay,  and they will work just fine.  But I'm just not sure if I'm right.</font>

S

srrndhound

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a feeling that as long as the impedence falls between 8 and 2 ohms, &nbsp;I'm okay, &nbsp;and they will work just fine. &nbsp;But I'm just not sure if I'm right.
</td></tr></table>

You are correct. The 6 ohm load will be a little less strain than 4 ohm, and a little more than 8 ohm. The amp will be fine with it.</font>

annunaki

annunaki

<font color='#000000'>The amount of power you are likely to see would be around 222 watts rms with all channels driven. You would have no problems running a speaker of that resistance on that amplifier.</font>

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Thank you for your responses!

It has set my mind at ease.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis