tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Frighteningly, there's actually six bids so far. On the bright side, none of them have reached the "Reserve Price"... :confused: -TD

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Frighteningly, there's actually six bids so far. On the bright side, none of them have reached the "Reserve Price"... :confused: -TD
I noticed that as well.
Well, I'm sure some "lucky" person will experience pure audio nirvana :D

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Dont you guys get tired of the same old 'Look at this, wow what a rip off"............anything of use to talk about?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Oooooooo, they come with a birth certificate!!! :rolleyes:

A year or so ago, I actually saw a silver component cable that was something outrageous, like $500. I asked the sales guy what the deal was, and he gave me some crap about how it was so high quality, that it would make my TV's picture look 3-D. Gimme a break.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
This topic truly is the gift that keeps on giving isn't it? :D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
This topic truly is the gift that keeps on giving isn't it? :D
Yeah, it's my gift to the world, that gives me a gift from the world. That makes me happy, and the receiver of lots of gifts :D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
How about a pair of DiMarzio Super M-Path Speaker Cables (8')

http://www.headphone.com/products/cables-and-adaptors/cables-by-others/

This is a regular store item so some people must be buying them.
Not necessarily. It costs nothing for them to leave an online listing for something at their own web site, and as long as they have the extra space to store however many of them they have, they are out nothing leaving the price as is. However, I expect that they do sell them, as they are no where near as expensive as the most expensive wires, and many people have been consistently told that they need expensive wires for their system to sound good. Not knowing any better, they believe what they are told, and then the placebo effect can have full sway. And even if the placebo effect does not work in a particular case with a particular individual, the person might still keep them, as they may not wish to admit that they cannot hear any difference (remember the story of the Emperor's New Clothes?).

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Nice to see they use virgin teflon for the insulation. I know how bad the sound can be if you use promiscuous teflon. Maybe they oughta include some "magnetic flux tubes" like our buddies at Monster...

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
WOW :eek: :confused:
$204.49 someone bid on them... still didn't meet reserve! :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice to see they use virgin teflon for the insulation. I know how bad the sound can be if you use promiscuous teflon. Maybe they oughta include some "magnetic flux tubes" like our buddies at Monster...
I read that Teflon is actually a bad thing and is only used in plenum wires. That's the only thing keeping me out of this bidding war. :rolleyes:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Well if they throw in some Wendy's Deluxe Fish Sandwich coupons I'll bid.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing like slutty teflon to bring down the reputation of your cabling.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis