Official: PS3 80GB now $499 and 40GB Spidey bundle Nov 2

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I may just have to get the 40 gig version now. I bet Spiderman 3 will be awesome on bluray.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I think I am going to buy the spidey box set with all 3 on blu-ray.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The review of Spidey 3 is already up on High Def Digest and he gave it high marks for audio and video.

That is good that they dropped the price of the 80G and that means you will probably see some good deals come black Friday.

N

NeverSeen

Audioholic
hmmmmmmmm. So i guess i will have to understand the BC issue before i decide on the 40 vs. 80 gig. I'm not going to get the 40 gig if i can never play ps2 games... but if its just a firmware update, no big deal... hmmm...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Random PS3 sucks post.
Everything that you don't own sucks right? :rolleyes:

hmmmmmmmm. So i guess i will have to understand the BC issue before i decide on the 40 vs. 80 gig. I'm not going to get the 40 gig if i can never play ps2 games... but if its just a firmware update, no big deal... hmmm...
I think there is the possibility that it could be done via software alone, but what I read was that few people actually cared about backwards compatibility and that will grow less and less as more games get released.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
What will they do with all the 60's they have left? They won't sell very well at the same price as the 80's. They can't lower them below the 40's. So, what then?
I smell a bundle deal coming. Maybe a 60GB with a game & extra controller at the $449 price?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If you want to play PS2 games, get a PS2 with the $100 you save on getting the 40 gig model, or spend the extra $100 and get a PS3 model that does offer BC.

I just placed my preorder for a 40 gig PS3 on Amazon. $399 plus free shipping and no sales tax. The only downside is that I will have to wait for it to be shipped, but I'm not worried about that. Plus I get Spiderman 3 on BluRay and I get 5 more free BluRay discs. Not too bad at all for $400.

I also don't think there are too many 60 gig models left, and some people will still buy them at the current price, just because it has the Emotion Engine for BC, so to some people it will be worth the extra money.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What will they do with all the 60's they have left? They won't sell very well at the same price as the 80's. They can't lower them below the 40's. So, what then?
I smell a bundle deal coming. Maybe a 60GB with a game & extra controller at the $449 price?
The 60s have been out of production for a month or two and there aren't that many on shelves really. I read that the PS2, whose production has all but ceased, will drop to $99 very soon (currently $129). OF COURSE the PS2 is still selling like hotcakes, it is the least expensive console with the most games on the market. I have 2 PS2s, so I really don't need any BC...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
The 60s have been out of production for a month or two and there aren't that many on shelves really. I read that the PS2, whose production has all but ceased, will drop to $99 very soon (currently $129). OF COURSE the PS2 is still selling like hotcakes, it is the least expensive console with the most games on the market. I have 2 PS2s, so I really don't need any BC...
And so it begins. http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=5001

Not the greatest bundle, but I see more to come.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, they know they aren't going to sell them if they don't do something. Most places around here don't seem to have many or any on the shelves.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I would also say, don't worry about the backwards compatibility issue. I remember wanting it when the PS 2 came out, but once I started playing PS 2 games, there was NO WAY I was going back to a PS game. It will be the same for PS 3/PS 2 games. The only PS 2 game I still play is Guitar Hero.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Guitar Hero 3 got a 9 from PSM and they listed all 57 tracks that are in it...

That is what I said before - yes PS2 games are still fun, but they look so average after playing good PS3 games.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
So do you have to own something to have an opinion on it?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It helps. The experience you get playing a console for an hour is different then living with one, and finding out all the little things that you may dislike/like.

SheepStar

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Guitar Hero 3 got a 9 from PSM and they listed all 57 tracks that are in it...
Yeah, but I just found out that my old wireless guitar won't work. I HATE that crap!!! :mad: First I had to buy an adapter to make my guitar work with GH2. Now I'll have to buy 2 more guitars if I want to play on the PS 3. I'll probably just buy the PS 2 version, though the guy at EB games didn't even know if my guitar will work with the PS 2 version!!! I swear they just do this crap to make you spend the most amount of money they can squeeze out of you!!! :mad:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I would think so. Why would you say something sucks if you don't own one? Sure I've heard tons of bad stuff about the Xbox 3fixme, but I don't own one, and my friends like theirs. So why would I say it sucks?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis