Odd Zone Requirements for HT Receiver (A3040?)

Jonny_Zee

Jonny_Zee

Audiophyte
Hi All. Hoping someone might be able to guide me who has experience with Aventege, and or the A3040 in particular. I was thinking of buying one used, but not sure if it would work in my scenario. Here goes:

CELLAR
  • Fisher Tube / Klipsch Forte’s / Roon-Pi4-Endpoint / Schhit Multibit for 2-Channel.
  • 8-Channel Elan Z650 Amp / 2 x Roon-Pi4 Endpoints / 2 x Topping E30 DAC’s powering my 2-zone garden setup, via speaker cabling running from cellar to garden
  • 1080P Projector & basic Soundbar/Sub for HT, in cellar space.

GARDEN:
Zone 1: Three channels (OSD AP650’s) running in mono mode via Roon
Zone 2: One channel mono (OSD AP 650)
These zones are on seperate zones/endpoints/sources, so one might be playing while the other is not. Other times they are grouped/synced.

I’d like to accomplish:
  1. Replace the Elan amp with something better for the garden zones. They just sound a bit like dog food, and while I’m going to run some tests, I’m 90% sure it’s the amp. I am thinking of using an HT receiver for that, and...
  2. Replace the soundbar with HT receiver with 4.0 maybe 5.0 speaker config, keeping the Forte’s as fronts, and doubling as subs. TBD speakers for rears, and possibly a center if needed. The center would present a challenge due to the fact that there is no shelving, just open space with pull down screen.
  3. Keep my fisher/forte/schiit setup for 2-ch. I’m open to a bypass via the receiver, but I guess that means involving the fisher in HT?

Notes: I may or may not run the projector through the receiver. Probably not. I’m not wed to the topping dac’s for the garden, and could easily sell them and run through a decent receiver dac, like the 3040’s. It’s a garden.

Questions:
  1. Can the yamaha, or other receiver, accomodate my garden zone 1 with three channels, and the zone 2 with one channel? Again, those two zones are fed by separate sources and not always playing concurrently.
  2. Other than that, can you think of any other considerations, alternative receiver recos, or other questions I need to be asking?
I know this is a little convoluted, so thank you in advance for any advice you might have!

Jonny

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis