Novice person asking advice.

M

Mightymaus

Audiophyte
I’m new at this, very novice. I don’t have 4k cap. yet. I’m thinking of improving what I have now.

Sony STR-DH770 ß I have.

Klipsch Reference Series R-28F 2way ß I’m thinking of getting.

With a power amp to push the Klipsch’s. If yes? then what do you prefer

What do you think?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You only have the avr and no speakers now? I doubt you need a power amp for the Klipsch, they're fairly sensitive and will get quite loud with the Sony avr's amps. What else is in the system now? Are you using it for movies and music or ?

PS Looking at your 770, it doesn't have pre-outs for an external power amp in any case....

M

Mightymaus

Audiophyte
You only have the avr and no speakers now? I doubt you need a power amp for the Klipsch, they're fairly sensitive and will get quite loud with the Sony avr's amps. What else is in the system now? Are you using it for movies and music or ?

PS Looking at your 770, it doesn't have pre-outs for an external power amp in any case....
I have a 5.1 Klipsch speaker setup. I was thinking of getting the Klipsch tower speakers to advance a level to 7.1.

I watch only movies on a Sony 60 inch. Using the Sony Receiver to publish the sound.

I am at work now, I will get all my information when I go home tomorrow.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
How large is your room? Where is your seating located? In general to go from 5.1 to 7.1 you want to have at least 5 feet of space behind your seating position to place the rear surrounds.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
How large is your room? Where is your seating located? In general to go from 5.1 to 7.1 you want to have at least 5 feet of space behind your seating position to place the rear surrounds.
Agreed...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis