November DVD Releases!

November DVD Releases! - Which are you looking forward to most?

• Lord of the Rings Extended Version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babylon 5: Complete First Season

• Band of Brothers

• Spiderman: Limited Edition

• Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Minority Report

• Ice Age

• Men in Black II

• Other (not listed)

• Total voters
<font color='#000000'>November is quite possibly the busiest release date in years for DVD. I know I'm going to go broke buying all of the movies that are coming out just before the Christmas break.

Just for giggles, we thought we'd ask our Audioholics members which title was their most anticipated for this coming Christmas season. Select your favorite and we'll see what the verdict is.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Gimme All of them NOW!!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Since most of us took advantage of the free Lord of The Rings BlockBuster deal, I am pushing for the Star Wars II DVD. &nbsp;I want to finally hear that movie on a worthy system and not some cheesy movie theater system.</font>

scenaria

scenaria

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>After &quot;From the Earth to the Moon&quot; I can't wait to get my hands on &quot;Band of Brothers&quot;. $82.99 at DVDEmpire.com
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This special edition box set contains all 10 episodes of the acclaimed miniseries made for HBO. It also includes the 80 minute documentary entitled &quot;WE STAND ALONE: THE MEN OF EASY COMPANY&quot; as well as several other features exclusive to this special edition such as an interactive &quot;field guide&quot; which details the people, places and events as depicted in the film.
Other added features include:
Making of Band of Brothers featurette
Ron Livingston’s Video Diaries
The Premiere on the beaches of Normandy
And other bonus weblinks and added features.</td></tr></table>
Also, Reign of Fire will be coming out, which wasn't on your list. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Here's the details on the &quot;Monterey Pop&quot; 3DVD set, from Criterion...

DISC ONE: Monterey Pop

New high-definition digital transfer, supervised by D.A. Pennebaker

New 5.1 mix by legendary recording engineer Eddie Kramer, presented in Dolby Digital and DTS

Audio commentary by Festival producer Lou Adler and D.A. Pennebaker

New video interview with Lou Adler and D.A. Pennebaker

Audio interviews with Festival producer John Phillips, Festival publicist Derek Taylor, and performers Cass Elliot and David Crosby

Photo essay by photographer Elaine Mayes

Original theatrical trailer

Original theatrical radio spots

Monterey Pop scrapbook

Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition

DISC TWO: Jimi Plays Monterey &amp; Shake! Otis at Monterey

New high-definition digital transfers, supervised by D.A. Pennebaker

New 5.1 mixes by legendary recording engineer Eddie Kramer, presented in Dolby Digital and DTS

Audio commentary on Jimi Plays Monterey by music critic and historian Charles Shaar Murray

Two audio commentaries on Shake! by music critic and historian Peter Guralnick: the first on Otis Redding’s Monterey performance, song by song; the second on Redding before and after Monterey

Interview with Phil Walden, Otis Redding’s manager from 1959 to 1967

Original theatrical trailer for Jimi Plays Monterey

Video excerpt: Pete Townshend on Monterey and Jimi Hendrix

DISC THREE: Monterey Pop—The Outtake Performances

Two hours of performances not included in the original film, from the following artists: The Association, Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Blues Project, The Byrds, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Country Joe and the Fish, The Electric Flag, Jefferson Airplane, Al Kooper, The Mamas and the Papas, Laura Nyro, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Simon and Garfunkel, Tiny Tim, and The Who

http://criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=167§ion=feature</font>

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Here's the 2disc set for &quot;Solaris&quot;...

DISC ONE:

New digital transfer, enhanced for widescreen televisions

Audio essay by Tarkovsky scholars Vida Johnson and Graham Petrie, co-authors of The Films of Andrei Tarkovsky: A Visual Fugue

New and improved English subtitle translation

DISC TWO:

Nine deleted and alternate scenes

Video interviews with lead actress Natalya Bondarchuk, cinematographer Vadim Yusov, art director Mikhail Romadin, and composer Eduard Artemyev

Documentary excerpt with Solaris author Stanislaw Lem

Here's the 2 disc set for &quot;Contempt&quot;...

DISC ONE:

New high-definition digital transfer, supervised by cinematographer Raoul Coutard and enhanced for widescreen televisions

Audio commentary by film scholar Robert Stam

New and improved English subtitle translation

Optional English-dubbed soundtrack Optimal image quality: RSDL dual-layer edition

DISC TWO:

The Dinosaur and the Baby (1967): a conversation between Jean-Luc Godard and Fritz Lang (61 minutes)

Two documentaries featuring Godard on the set of Contempt: Bardot et Godard (8 minutes) and Paparazzi (22 minutes)

Jean-Luc Godard interview excerpt (1964)

A new video interview with legendary cinematographer Raoul Coutard

Original theatrical trailer</font>

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Features of &quot;Attack of the Clones&quot; from amazon.com...

• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby
• Commentary by writer-director George Lucas, producer Rick McCallum, picture editor and sound designer Ben Burtt, ILM animation director Rob Coleman, and ILM visual effects supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll, and Ben Snow
• Eight exclusive deleted scenes with introductions
• &quot;From Puppets to Pixels&quot;: all-new full-length documentary about the creation of digital characters in Episode II
• &quot;State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II&quot;: witness the vital role of the animatics team
• &quot;Films Are Not Released: They Escape&quot; sound documentary
• Three featurettes examining the story line, action scenes, and love story through behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the cast and filmmakers
• 12-part Web documentary
• &quot;Across the Stars&quot; music video: an original composition by John Williams crafted exclusively for this video
• Posters and print campaign
• Trailers and TV spots
• &quot;R2-D2: Beneath the Dome&quot; mockumentary trailer
• Never-before-seen production photo gallery
• ILM visual effects breakdown montage
• Exclusive DVD-ROM content
• Widescreen anamorphic format

I can't wait for this release !!!! ANY Star Wars release is special, and something to look forward to!

I don't consider myself a Star Wars Freak, but I do know that it's dependable entertainment...and this DVD of the movie and special features, just confirms it !</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis