not very neat v2500 question

P

parkerbender

Audioholic
okay, listening to music on my rx-v2500 my reciever seems to get quieter and quieter to where i am finding myself listening at 0 or even +1, and you could probably talk to people while this is going on, not deafening. i can remember when i got the reciever only a couple weeks ago, i would listen around -16 to -20 ish, will the reciever get quieter the hotter it gets? can speakers crap out and get quieter instead of falling apart? i think my speakers are in my sig, they're cheap yamaha htib speakers from two years ago. i cant find a dsp that is louder, so it's not that, just wondering, maybe i'm just becoming deaf :) thanks for the help,

-parker

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I listened to music for about 6 hours straight on my 2500, while I was cataloging my CDs today and actually found myself turning the volume down as the day went on. I don't think it got louder, but it definately did not get any quieter. I was listening in 7-channel stereo.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
As it gets later in the day, the ambient noise around you gets lower making the perceived volume of your stereo louder.

I do the same thing and slowly lower the volume as the night wears on. Sometimes when I get up in the morning and turn on the system, it's so low I can't even hear it. So your experience seems pretty normal to me.

B

Big Ears

Audiophyte
I've had my 2500 for two weeks. My speakers are all Klipsch Reference, they are loud at -20. At 0 the freakin house is moving. I haven't noticed it getting louder or softer during extended play. It does get pretty hot though. Any of you guys running in full 7.1? I'm in 5.1 and just wondering how much of a difference it makes?

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I am running 9.1 but only 7.1 are active at any given time. IMHO if you use the presence channels it does make a big difference. If you use the surround back the diefference is much less noticable unless the source material is encoded with the surround back channels.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis