Not off to a good start with my new bookshelves, Thank you FedEx

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Was excited that my new bookshelves were arriving a day early...unfortunately that meant only one and this is how fedex delivered the box.....I really hate fedex, it's about 50/50 if you packages arrive clean. Didn't bother to ring the bell...I wonder why lol

The inside of the box, the speaker looks like it is fine, if it were you would you take it to FedEx and refuse it, which is an option, or would you accept it?

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was excited that my new bookshelves were arriving a day early...unfortunately that meant only one and this is how fedex delivered the box.....I really hate fedex, it's about 50/50 if you packages arrive clean. Didn't bother to ring the bell...I wonder why lol

The inside of the box, the speaker looks like it is fine, if it were you would you take it to FedEx and refuse it, which is an option, or would you accept it?
Fedex already had you accept with the delivery is the way they work. If there's no damage (to the speakers) then the packing was suitable for shipping Fedex. You can go complain if it makes you feel better but I seriously doubt Fedex will do anything meaningful as a result.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yup...
If the Speaker itself is not damaged... Consider yourself lucky.

The Throwers at FedEx are top notch.

One of my shipments from Dennis back when I got my gear in 2018 looked like FedEx played Forklift Hockey with it. By the gouge and apparent depth of penetration I would say I was about 2-3 mm from losing that shipment.

Sucks, but such is life.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yup...
If the Speaker itself is not damaged... Consider yourself lucky.

The Throwers at FedEx are top notch.

One of my shipments from Dennis back when I got my gear in 2018 looked like FedEx played Forklift Hockey with it. By the gouge and apparent depth of penetration I would say I was about 2-3 mm from losing that shipment.

Sucks, but such is life.
Yeah you can find viral videos of them tossing packages, some maybe staged but they treat packages like they are indestructible.:rolleyes:

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Fedex told me I could take it to a store and refuse shipment that way. I was going to do that, but talked to my dealer, who just had me open it up. Speaker looks fine. I have a real LOVE/HATE with Piano Black Finish, I will say it is basically perfect, i cant see any blemishes.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Fedex told me I could take it to a store and refuse shipment that way. I was going to do that, but talked to my dealer, who just had me open it up. Speaker looks fine. I have a real LOVE/HATE with Piano Black Finish, I will say it is basically perfect, i cant see any blemishes.
exterior mint? Lucky :cool:
Yeah if it was damaged you’d hear rattling woofers when playing it, how much better does revel sound than jbl/Klipsch ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Fedex used to tell me to fly a kite, maybe there's been some progress. Did Fedex say you had to bring it in unopened I assume? I wonder if they'd open it up if you did return it....wasn't too long ago you had to have a signature to accept a shipment (now the shipper has to specify that and pay more), and one would just refuse to sign if it was seriously screwed up, effectively refusing the shipment and the carrier would contact the shipper for instructions (they already got paid for freight so if the shipper abandons it they don't particularly care, but they will ask for more money to return it), ....or you took what is called an exception by making detailed notes of the parts of the shipping box/container showing damage. Glad the speakers are fine!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
exterior mint? Lucky :cool:
Yeah if it was damaged you’d hear rattling woofers when playing it, how much better does revel sound than jbl/Klipsch ?
I didn't demo either JBL or Klipsch, so could not answer that question for you.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
341292E9-199B-4870-860D-D61C559E416A.jpeg

Here is my FedEx special, Salamander Designs Oslo 247. Big yellow cones on top that say “DONT STACK”. Guess what, they stacked!!! Going back Thursday to get exchanged. :(
4087AAF5-8D00-46E2-AE57-15CB247DF43F.jpeg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Fedex used to tell me to fly a kite, maybe there's been some progress. Did Fedex say you had to bring it in unopened I assume? I wonder if they'd open it up if you did return it....wasn't too long ago you had to have a signature to accept a shipment (now the shipper has to specify that and pay more), and one would just refuse to sign if it was seriously screwed up, effectively refusing the shipment and the carrier would contact the shipper for instructions (they already got paid for freight so if the shipper abandons it they don't particularly care, but they will ask for more money to return it), ....or you took what is called an exception by making detailed notes of the parts of the shipping box/container showing damage. Glad the speakers are fine!
As long as package hasn't been opened I could have returned it a FedEx location and claimed refusal. I also have video of the fedex NOT ringing my doorbell and signature was supposed to be required. Covid Rules must still be in effect?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As long as package hasn't been opened I could have returned it a FedEx location and claimed refusal. I also have video of the fedex NOT ringing my doorbell and signature was supposed to be required. Covid Rules must still be in effect?
LOL sounds more like Fedex rules, or maybe shipper didn't tick the requirement....I have always found Fedex kinda sucks at spending time at the door. Fortunately where I live even never had a package stolen, even left out overnight. However, when I'm sitting 10 feet away from the front door and don't hear them it still annoys me they can't bother the bell. Maybe if I had one of those camera bells and motion detection and a speaker/mic set (not going to happen) it would be fun to shout at the guy if he turns to leave and ya shout hey ring the f*cking bell!

H

head_unit

Audioholic Intern
The hole on top is the port, the rough area is to make a kind of averaged non-turbulence. Then the vents are part of the aperiodic system. According to my COMSOMOL simulations, it will output and additional +4 dB at 35 Hz.
(To clarify: this is a joke. Especially since this is not a speaker!)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
The hole on top is the port, the rough area is to make a kind of averaged non-turbulence. Then the vents are part of the aperiodic system. According to my COMSOMOL simulations, it will output and additional +4 dB at 35 Hz.
(To clarify: this is a joke. Especially since this is not a speaker!)
Well the increased ventilation hits the amps in the rear area which makes the bass lower and highs higher. ;)

M

Mike Up

Audioholic
I will say it is basically perfect, i cant see any blemishes.
Doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside. The crossover board could now have a stress crack that only opens up when the speaker is pushed hard, and board heats ups a bit. If hit hard enough, voice coil could be out of alignment but you'd hear that right away.

I had a tower speaker that my pets knocked over into the wall. Cosmetically it was fine, but never sounded right after that blow. I obviously got rid of those speakers after that.

If it were me, I wouldn't keep it but if you feel lucky and want to chance it, I hope it works out for you.

BTW, UPS is the worst here and I always ask for another shipper. 1 out of every 2 deliveries is damaged! FedEx is the best in my area and Amazon delivery is a crap shoot.

I hate shipping any large items. I try to buy locally if it's a big item.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside. The crossover board could now have a stress crack that only opens up when the speaker is pushed hard, and board heats ups a bit. If hit hard enough, voice coil could be out of alignment but you'd hear that right away.

I had a tower speaker that my pets knocked over into the wall. Cosmetically it was fine, but never sounded right after that blow. I obviously got rid of those speakers after that.

If it were me, I wouldn't keep it but if you feel lucky and want to chance it, I hope it works out for you.
I had a cat break a woofer so it rattles in my old shelf Sony system . Duel woofer model ..
Cheaper version of this lol :(
Don’t use it anymore ..
2BE0347D-06CD-4B5F-8697-39BA73049838.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis