Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Thanks to this forum, a subwoofer is the best investment I made in my HT system.
I listen to music and movies and I can’t believe that if I buy another one my system will sound better.
At what point does the law of diminishing returns kick in?

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Depends on how big the room is and how many seats there are in the room. The purpose of multi subs is to eliminate bass "bad spots" at different places in the room. In other words, one sub placed correctly can make the bass sound absolutely perfect.....but maybe for only one listening position. People generally go with multi sub set ups to increase the area of perfect bass while also giving them the opportunity to rock the house.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Many thanks for posting the Harman AES white paper. For a moment, I was fearful that I was 49 subs short. Now I know that my space would benefit from one more (if budget constrained) or three more (if not budget constrained).

Maybe Harman's next paper on the subject can address how to deal in a WAF constrained environment. These nulls are almost impossible to address ATT.:p

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just ordered a second SVS PS 1000!
I think you'll really enjoy duals congrats on the purchase. I have dual PB 4000"s and having 2 of them in my room makes a huge difference. I've run just one before and even though one can handle the room duals is just so much better in every way!

Let us know what you think once you get them set up!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
This was the initial set up. I discovered that by pushing the mains out to accommodate the subs, I lost all imaging.
I don’t want to corner load, but I am going to place the subs outside of the speakers. da4268c9fcb34fad9eba0a64a12153b2.jpeg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This was the initial set up. I discovered that by pushing the mains out to accommodate the subs, I lost all imaging.
I don’t want to corner load, but I am going to place the subs outside of the speakers. View attachment 28940
Good luck on getting them dialed in! It'll take some tweeking but you'll get there I'm going to move my subs a bit as well today. It takes some tinkering but it will be worth dialing those babies in

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis