None of you are true Audiophiles...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Edison was right! DC is the best way to power audio equipment!

There, I said it. Just don't use it with an active charger or inverter.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Edison was right! DC is the best way to power audio equipment!

There, I said it. Just don't use it with an active charger or inverter.
Further I think it is mandatory to have a dedicated generator purely for the audio gear to provide the most steady optimal power supply. No utility pole needed. I wonder what fuel source makes the cleanest power? Male bovine excreta I should think.

If you're too cheap to go that route I recommend a maple utility pole as the sound is cleaner than pine.

In deference to TLS he is correct as usual. The power coming off the line can be messed up especially at peak usage times. It affects my coffee roasting which requires high current such that I try to roast at off peak hours.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Are these audiophile grade utility poles mono-polar, bi-polar, or non-polar?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well don't all laugh at once. I had a power pole replaced back in November 2008. Things were not right and it was affecting audio and especially upsetting the UPS systems.

The reason was this.

As you can see the power I was receiving was distorted and clipped. The THD was well outside the limits allowed by law.

So I had a new power pole installed. Did wonders for the system! There were no problems after that the wave form was perfect. But because of having to cut down trees on our drive way I paid for the line to be buried and that required a new transformer yet again. But I never had a problem again with a distorted AC wave from the power company.

I made sure they used a big enough transformer though.
no laughing here, understood............

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Pfew... The real audioholic doesn't neglect the drywall and the paint to address the acoustic reflection issue. Uneven drywall screws and excessive drywall tolerances mean you get uneven acoustic reflection off the walls resulting in unacceptable levels of distortion. Add in the use of poor quality commercial paint in new construction and you have all kinds of audio issues. Let's not even get into drywall mud and the application of drywall mud in the room corners resulting in angles greater than 90 degrees further amplifying the acoustic reflection distortion.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I want private power pole money. It saddens me that I do not.
If we're going there I just want to generate all my own power. Windmills, solar panels, generators, giant hamster wheels for my kids...No more electric bills. :oops:

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
If we're going there I just want to generate all my own power. Windmills, solar panels, generators, giant hamster wheels for my kids...No more electric bills. :oops:
My HOA doesn't allow for windmills or giant hamster wheels. I'm rather upset now that I know. I NEED my 15.5 surround sound!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis