Noise in BT connection

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Using my Samsung SM-T900 (android version 4.4.2), I get a flutter noise in the background. It actually gets louder between songs then decreases when the song plays (though it is still there if I listen close enough). Actually it seems to get louder on quiet passages and quieter when the music is louder (in addition to the masking effect of the louder signal).
I just checked and get the same effect with an older Samsung GT-P7310 (android version 4.0.4).
I have replicated this with two BT speakers so far.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on it?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I imagine you already checked to see if the problem is distance related. The lack of responses makes me think it's something in your environment. Could you test that with the main breaker turned off for your house? Worst comes to worst, you may need to move. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks!
Just getting started troubleshooting and have lots of pans on the fire right now.
I did discover that the noise got louder as I turned the volume down as well.
Next thing is to carry tablet and speaker outside and see if I can lose interference that way (which is kind of what you suggestion looks like when living in the country).

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
tsnapshot_20150430.jpg
As you know I have the same lil speaker.I never got in to using bluetooth,but had no problems when I tested it.Good luck my friend,I hope you resolve any issues you may be having.
UPDATE-I just paired the speaker with my Samsung S-390G phone,it sounds crystal clear.I paused the song ,turned the volume up all the way on the speaker,and I can hear a very faint hiss,this is only heard with it up against my ear.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis