Noise cancelling headphones

B

brushro

Audioholic
Hello to everyone & thanks in advance for your suggestions & inputs...my wife is a student who spends alot of time on the computer for her studies & due to our limited living space, an active 7 year old and my occasional desire to watch a movie or TV sporting event she's very challenged for concentration...besides the Bose noise cancelling headphones are there other products similar to these I could shop for & consider?
Thank You

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Try the Shure E2c headphones ($99) They are noise isolating, not cancelling. Having tried both the Bose and the Shure, and I absoluted love the Shure. I work in an office that recently moved to cubicles, it was distracting hearing all the noise and convesations. I put these in and turn on my IPOD and it all just disappears. Sometimes I just put them in and don't turn on any music they cut that much sound out. Shure has other models that are more expensive and perform better.

I would do a commercial for Shure headphones for free, I recommend them that much!

You can tell I like the headphones!

Last edited by a moderator:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I am in the exact situation as Mpompey, except I have the Etymotic Research ER-6i which use the same concept as Shure. I absolutely love them. I have never used Shure, so I cannot comment on which one is better. But I also have the Sony MDR-V600, and the ER-6i are orders of magnitude better.

Here's a link to the company website,

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

and you can buy them from an authorized retailer on E-Bay for $129.00 using the "Submit Best Offer" option,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ETYMOTIC-RESEARCH-EARPHONES-HEADPHONES-ER6i-ER-6i-ER-6i_W0QQitemZ5835439465QQcategoryZ73841QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
If you do not want in-ear headphones (like those mentioned), I highly recommend the Sony MDR-7506/V-6 (NOT the V600). They're excellent professional-quality headphones. I personally have the 7506s and love them. They do a decent job of isolating noise and are fairly comfy to boot.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I recommend the Seinhessier HD212pro's. You can run them full blast and not hear a thing. Great bass response too. I personally use the HD 500's, but they are loud outside.

SheepStar

B

Bigfishe

Junior Audioholic
Sheep said:
I recommend the Seinhessier HD212pro's. You can run them full blast and not hear a thing. Great bass response too. I personally use the HD 500's, but they are loud outside.

SheepStar
That doesn't sound efficient! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis