No sound out of my UFW-10 Sub from RX-V2600 Receiver

C

cdye

Enthusiast
I recently purchased a home theater system including the Yamaha RX-V2600 receiver and the AV123 Rocket UFW-10 Subwoofer. After running the YPAO optimizer calibration, I noticed that the subwoofer wasn't being detected. Upon checking the subwoofer by playing DVD's, I didn't feel any vibration!

Please give me some ideas on what could be wrong, aside from a defective subwoofer. I'll summarize my setup and what I've tried:

Subwoofer cable goes from "Pre-out subwoofer" connection on the receiver to the "R" (summed L+R) input on the subwoofer.

The power to the sub is on (the light is on)

The crossover switch on the sub is set to off (I tried calibrating with it on, too)

Within the receiver's manual setup menu, I set "Bass" to use both (subwoofer and main speakers) just in case the subwoofer output was being disabled.

If there is anything else I should check and/or you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chris

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
1)try using the left input on the sub
2)try changing the sub cable
3)try using a different sub
4)contact yamaha support
Hopefully the problem is 1 or 2

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Also make sure that the setting in the receiver menu for subwoofer is "Yes" or whatever the enabled setting is.

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
I had the same problem with mine. I bought all my theater stuff minus the sub and ran the YPAO set-up and all was well. Then I bought a sub and hooked it up and nothing. Just go to manual set-up and for subwoofer, set it at YES. Your receiver shuts off all the circuits that are not in use, so all you have to do is enable the sub output via set-up. What was the gain set at on the sub when you ran the YPAO? It may have been to low and didnt catch it.

Brett

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
As others have said, check your manual and make sure you have set the receiver to output a signal to the subwoofer. I am not sure with your particular model, but I believe that telling it to output bass to "both" will not send anything to the subwoofer output if you have the subwoofer setting at "no" or "off" or whatever it is called; the "both" setting is telling the receiver to send the bass from the main channels to both the subwoofer and the main channels IF THE MAIN CHANNELS ARE SET TO "LARGE" AND THE SUBWOOFER SETTING IS "ON". (You don't want to use "both" unless you have main speakers that can reproduce bass.) This is the most likely problem, unless you have the level control on the subwoofer turned all the way down (check that right away, too, and start it out at about half way up to make sure it works, with the volume low on your receiver).

If you want to test your subwoofer to make sure it works, you can select a CD that has a lot of deep bass, and hook up the analog output of your CD or DVD player directly to the subwoofer (one channel is all that is needed; this is just a test, not a suggested hookup for listening). But I would read the manual and go into the setup menu of the receiver, and make sure you have told it that there is a subwoofer connected.

M

mlschifter

Audioholic Intern
Please let us know if we can help in any way...

Thanks...

All the best...

mls

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis