No Caddilac!!!!!!!!!!

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
I have always liked Cadillacs to an extent, of course not quite up to the luxury of comparable European sedans, but this is not to debate Cadillacs performance, the point is that i like them and i was very angry last nite when i saw that they had a "bose" edition, i can understand bose stereos but cmon a bose edition and i know they will sell , ionno why im rambling but this just made me a bit perturbed

R

rtcp

Junior Audioholic
The Maybach lineup of cars has Bose audio, and they're between $330,000 and $430,000.

According to their website:
The new Bose sound system offers sensational audio delight converting the interior of the Maybach into a a mobile concert hall, and delivering a dolby surround sound to every seat. The 600 watt sound system with seven high-power amplifiers and 21 speakers is controlled via microphone and sound processor adjusting to the acoustic driving interferences to guarantee a consistent audio delight.

But it does have reclining rear seats, so I can't complain too much.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
I bought a new Cadillac STS last year that came with an eight (I think anyway)speaker Bose sound system. I don't really "listen" to music much while driving....just kind of background noise....so it sounds OK to me. For listening, I'll relax in my HT room.

As an aside, in the price range, I didn't find any European or Japanese luxury cars that I liked as well. It's only my second Cadillac (first was a 1950 hearse in my youth) and it's a really nice car....IMO anyway.

Mort (who would not buy anything called a "Bose Edition" either)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anyway.....

If your chief complaint about the car is the manf. of the radio....

"This house sucks! Its half the price of the one next door but the carpet is the wrong color!"

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
no its not that they use bose speakers, its that they are marketing it as a bose edition and people will deff buy it

btw i even have a hummer with bose sound:confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you think that is bad, check out the fact that they are now included on some Ferraris!! Not only was it mentioned in an article, they also had an add in Road & Track this month.... Oh the travesty.

Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Junior Audioholic
This just goes to show you how marketing pays off. It reminds me of a conversation I had the other day with a friend of mine about looking for new speakers. She mentioned Bose and I told her that Bose is all about marketing, to which she replied, "You know, I suppose since I can't even tell you the name of another speaker manufacturer, you must be right!" :p

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I know of three manufacturers that offer 'real' high end systems. Volkswagen, Lexus, and Bugatti. VW has a car with an available Dynaudio system, Lexus has a Mark Levinson system, and Bugatti (owned by VW) offers a complete Burmester system in the Veyron.

pikers

pikers

Audioholic
No matter how much you like Cadillac, it really is commensurate with the audio quality of Bose. After all, we're talking about two consumer items with perception of performance that exceeds the actual.

If you want a good audio system to go along with a good car, go with a Volvo or Lexus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis