NHT's ?? anyone heard of them??

P

pdx18

Audiophyte
I tried a search but of course the search mode won't let you put in words smaller than three four letters or something like that. So I thought I'd put it out there. I'm going to do my first Home theater and I have been quoted 1600 for a set of NHT brand in-Wall speakers and just wondering if thats about what I should be paying for them? any feedback would be great as I will be helping my father in law with the install and he knows even less than I do. I am pretty knowledgeable as far as hooking everything up but as far as current prices on Home Theater equipment I haven't a clue. also might as well put this out there as well, he wants to do a projector set up down in the basement, we are looking at the sony VPL-HS20 and I've found it for about 2600 and are going to run it all through a yamaha rx-V750 or V650 depends haven't decided yet only difference to me seems to be 5 Watts per channel and $100 dollars so anyhow if anyone could shine some light on this I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in Advance, Dave

U

Unregistered

Looking at the subject of your post; I assume you've never heard of NHT?

NHT = Now Here This

Yep, they're a well respected speaker manfacturer from California. Unfortunately I've never auditioned any of their products, but I certainly would given the opportunity.

One thing you could try - find some online retailers for NHT, just to get an idea of "going rate" for the speakers in question. Good luck.

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
Hi,
If you think their not well known in the US try Canada.

I was looking to complete my HT by upgrading (a great little sub) the Paradigm PDR8. A friend of mine told me that a buddy of his had just gone to full range speakers and had an NHT SUB II he wanted to part with. It has it's own separate controle box into which a second sub can be attached which I don't need in my present setup but "who knows".

Anyway it's got a beatiful eboney shiny exterior 2 10" drivers and does 21hz +/- 3. I'm deleriously happy with it and have yet to find a film to embarass it. In chapter 10 of The Haunting, make sure the china is nailed down.

I can't speak for the rest of the line but mu product oozes quality.

Peter m.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I own NHT SB2s and LOVE them. They're maybe the best sub-$500 bookshelf speakers I've heard. I recently read a review in some magazine that was very positive towards the models you're talking about. Home Theater Mag maybe? Don't know about pricing, but I do know its nearly impossible to find NHTs at a discount.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis