newbie wanting questions about Genies vs. SVS SBS-01 for movie and music

D

deej

Audiophyte
Hey Guys,

I'm real new to this site and had a few questions. I listened to the Mordaunt Short Genie's with the matching sub the other day just in a stereo setup and was completely amazed with it's imaging and dynamic capability. I was just wondering how it compares to the SVS SBS-01 system. I'm looking for good imaging and space between instruments. Is the SVS system mostly just a movie system or does it do music well too. Is the sub better in the SVS system compared to the Genies?? Let me know, I'm really excited about the prospect of owning a 5.1 system. I'm mostly into headphones and this is a completely new area for me. If there's any suggestions of other systems I should be looking at you're more than welcome to tell me! Thanks for your responses!

Last edited:
no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I will venture that the Mordaunt Short speakers are a good deal better then the SVS systems, but the SVS sub will be better (much deeper at the very lest).

tonay

tonay

Junior Audioholic
Hey

I have SVS SCS-01's as my fronts and center and I'm real happy. They are matched up w. a PB12 NSD/2 which is probably to much for my room. Musically I'm happy and I listen to electronic/industrial/rock.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, the SBS-01s will be better simply because the Genies lack any usable bass and are quite expensive for what they offer. I would say the 300 series package from MS would be more comparable to the SBS-01s. You can pick up the 5.0 set from www.ac4l.com for $449, then add an SVS sub to the mix and have a very nice setup. Musically, the Mordaunts are brighter than the SBS-01s. Both image very well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis