Newbie question -- am I wasting my money if.

BobH

BobH

Audiophyte
My 15-yr old Sharp TV is in need of replacement. Of course, the beautiful LCD TVs look great in the store with HDTV, and I want one...

Am I wasting my time getting a new 32 inch LCD (I'm looking at Panasonic TC-32LX60 32" LCD TV for $1250 at Costco) if I don't have HDTV? What if I don't even have digital cable (yet)?

Am I wasting my time and money? I'll probably go digital soon.

thanks,

bob

E

ellover009

Audioholic Intern
hdtv will look like crap unless you got digital cable or direct tv. you can always get an crt $300 for now, by the time everything switches to digital hdtv will be dirt cheap specially lcd prices could prob get something bigger cheaper them, win win situation.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Digital cable has nothing to do with anything, as most of the channels broadcast are still ANALOG. A decent set will still make analog broadcast look a little better, but it isn't going to look like HD by any stretch. There are also some OTA HD channels available in most major areas (via an antena), and another great reason would be that your DVDs will look great on an HDTV with a progressive scan player, possibly an upconverting one. IMO, you the money is not wasted.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis