Newbie question about Interconnect cable...

V

VolksyGTI

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>First off let me thank you all for this very informative website...I just came across it and apparently there is a ton of reading I will be doing soon.

In the meanwhile I have a question:
I plan on buying a SACD/DVDA player and I believe I will need 6 interconnects to link the analog outs to the receiver.
My local Radioshack has a 6 foot &quot;Digital Audio Cable&quot; in clearance from $19.99 to $4.97 because they are making room for their new line called &quot;FusionAV&quot;.
The description on the package states: &quot;Gold Series&quot;, 24 k plated connectors, double-shielded, 75-ohm digital audio cable, and is orange in colour.

Are these cables something I could use for my application?
Thanx a lot, V.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>IMHO, Radio Shack cables are very good and are the best value around, I use them for all my inter-connects and I have tried calbes from the so-called exotics.</font>

Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I agree with Yammyluver. For most applications, the cables you have described are more than adequate, you should not notice any deleterious effects.</font>

V

VolksyGTI

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Thanx for the replies all, but I am still a bit confused, sorry !!

I guess I constructed the question in a rather convoluted way....Since I do not seem to fully grasp the physics behind how these cables are constructed and how they actually function my question would be:
Could I use these &quot;COAXIAL Digital cables&quot; for the 6 analogue outputs of a SACD/dvd-A player ?
As far as I know these coaxial digital cables are used ONLY instead of an &quot;OPTICAL Toslink/SPDIF cable&quot;....or am I completly wrong here, and they can be safely (without any degradation of the signal) used for analogue signals as well

Thanx again, and sorry to beat this question to death

Cheers, V.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>These cables are sold as single cable, you could use six of them with no problem...but why would you want to? The price would be much higher to buy six of them with nothing to gain at the audio end of things. Sacd is analog for all but a few players just hitting the market. Even these new players take..I think a DVI cable of some type.

Dave</font>

V

VolksyGTI

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>^
My old receiver has no DVI connection.</font>

<font color='#000080'>I'm not sure exactly what you were referring to with regards to DVI, but right now, unless you have a newer Denon or your receiver specifically states that its firewire port can accept SACD/DVD-A digital input, you'll need to go analogue.</font>

V

VolksyGTI

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Yes, I have no option but to go analogue.....
My question is as follows: For the six analogue output connections on the SACD/DVD-A could I use cables which are marketed as &quot;Coaxial Digital Cable&quot; or &quot;75-Ohm Digital Audio Cable&quot; ?
Also see my post/question above from Oct. 04 2003,11:50 for more details.
Thanx a lot, V.</font>

<font color='#000080'>Yes. Jaycan &amp; flintstone both stated this as well. Yes.

Yes. &nbsp;
</font>

V

VolksyGTI

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Thanx a lot Hawke  

Sorry again....these bloody newbs are so slow  

Cheers, V.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter