Newbie Here..Need a Couple Of Answers....

B

Bud Weaver

Audiophyte
Hi All,
I just purchased some new components and need a few pointers on hookups.
Here goes:
I have a Sony Wega KDF-70XBR950 HDTV, a Yamaha RX-V2500 AV receiver and 5 B&W in-wall speakers (4 surround and one center) and an amplified B&W subwoofer. I am using an HD compatible DVD player. I also have a standard "run-of-the-mill" VCR for the occasional viewing of a tape. I am using Dish Network for my satellite provider. Now here comes the tricky part. Do I hook up ALL of the components, including the dish to the receiver and just use the vid-out from to Yamaha the TV (have to use it anyway for menu and setup)? Or, should I use the video and satellite cabling to the TV and then use just the audio out to the receiver? It seems kind of redundant in either case since both of these components are very capable and adaptable. What is the best scenario?
Thanx!

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
Hooking everything up through the reciever is more convenient, since pressing one button on the remote will switch both video and audio at the same time.

There will be some signal loss routing the video through the receiver, however it is likely to be so small you'll never notice.

If it bugs you, try it both ways and see which one looks best.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis