Newb advice for which speaker cable.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
LOL, I'm way past worrying about someone so cheap as be concerned about spending 40 bucks. As for 'moving equipment', I don't, I'd rather buy quality and enjoy my music.
I have my main system that I'm building back up and not too much gets moved in that. The hobby side comes in my 2 other setups where I buy sell trade and use those funds to put back into my main system, i like it bc I get to play with all sorts of toys and I typically make a penny or two while doing so.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
lovin, for Gods sakes get your head out of your ass. You are one argumentative individual, your mother not breast feed you enough ?
Who's arguing about what? Apparently you like guys who sell with claims like that, I don't. I don't have to agree with you, nor you with me. Do I annoy you? I wonder if it is as much as you annoy me?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Who's arguing about what? Apparently you like guys who sell with claims like that, I don't. I don't have to agree with you, nor you with me. Do I annoy you? I wonder if it is as much as you annoy me?
Monoprice makes similar claims...

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I know you would be disappointed lol. That screenshot I posted was from them. Lame if you ask me. Face it, we have all been fooled by the marketplace. But in all seriousness the extent of cost on some of these products is through the roof, and as this site stands, it's to get people the best value for their dollar. Too often people who are NEW to audio spend more than needed, people drop $200 for an hdmi cable bc best buy said so, but they only have a $500 avr budget...buy the $5 cable and a $700 avr, you will thank this site 'bigly' (sry I had to throw politics in somewhere)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL disappointed that a marketing company might do that? Not really. Mostly I've seen no such claims there but haven't visited for a while and now that you mention it, think I've read about their newer fancier stuff to come with such jargon. So, you made me go look for myself and to quote some of their marketing jargon to be fair since I quoted "Frank's" :

While the basic rca cable pair uses this straight-forward description for the $2.35/1.5 ft ($2.53 for 3 ft) cable description: "This is a premium two-channel audio cable made of RG-59 75 ohm coaxial cable. The cable uses a 22AWG conductor and is shielded to prevent EMI or RFI interference from entering your audio system. The connectors are gold plated, for smooth connections and to prevent corrosion. Each connector head features embedded, color-coded rubber rings to ensure a firm grip when installing or removing the cable."

Then I spotted the Monolith branded cable and sure enough, seems they're catering to their new (? from the Monolith amp/subs?) crowd with their 3ft RCA single for $14.99:
  • Patented Cable Technology
    • Two different solid OFC conductor gauges for best Bass and Midrange optimization
    • Flat OFC conductor for superior Midrange reproduction
    • OFC Spiral ribbon conductors provide maximum treble definition without harshness
Not quite as egregious, but still lacking any actual explanation.

C'est la vie, merde.

ps As far as bicycles, if they start using this kind of marketing for hydraulic brake lines, or older braided ss steel, that have magical braking powers....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis