New Yamaha RX A3080 problem.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I didn’t say I don’t but said they didn’t tell me BEFORE I bought it. It’s way different than it used to be.
Well as the old saying goes caveat emptor....and how are they supposed to know what you're used to?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I have a Pandora account, all I did was log into it and added the 7790 unit to my account and Walla! Now I don’t pay for the no commercial Pandora. I use WebRadio, it’s free thousands of free stations from all over the world.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The sign in using MusicCast app seems to be for the 2017 and 2018 models. This isn’t how it works on the 2016 models like my 2060 and 681.

I guess I’ll find out soon on my 770 since that one is a 2017. I just ordered it for my bedroom 2.1 system. To be honest I use the musiccast app already. I also like the Yamaha controller app too.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Yamaha sent a New release for the Pandora app but I haven’t been able to make that work.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha support said I have to use iPad or Android to interface with streaming app. Only way to make it work.
He said all AVRs are that way now. Sure wish they would’ve told me BEFORE I bought it.

They said this was the way. https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/329635/Supplement_Pandora_UA_English.pdf
I see the same supplement download for the 2017 models too. I get my 770 on Friday so I can comment then.

iPads are actually really cool. My GF has the 9.7 iPad current model. I’ve got an older iPad mini 3. We also have iPhones and the Apple TV 4K.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah Spotify has forced that kind of change, one of my older avrs no longer works for Spotify, one other was upgraded by firmware to Spotify Connect. Didn't know Pandora was doing it similarly, all my older devices with Pandora are still functioning....for now.

ps Spotify connect is far less clunky than the avr's Spotify app was, too. I can also just use the Spotify app on my computer as well as my phone.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I see the same supplement download for the 2017 models too. I get my 770 on Friday so I can comment then.

iPads are actually really cool. My GF has the 9.7 iPad current model. I’ve got an older iPad mini 3. We also have iPhones and the Apple TV 4K.
My 770 indeed does ask you to give your pandora password thru the phone app for yamaha musiccast . As far as I can tell it just asks the one time. This is instead of entering it via the remote directly into the receiver like on my 2060. So I guess the issue would only be if you don’t have a Apple or android device to launch the Yamaha musiccast app.

Oddly enough, as soon as I signed in, I got an email from Yamaha thanking me for registering the receiver. Maybe that is part of this. Anyhow if I find anything else to add, I will. Thanks.

Z

Zega

Audioholic Intern
Pandora app doesn’t work correctly. Why? I can’t select which artist I want or even show my channels. Sent Yamaha support 3 emails asking for help with no response and it’s been a WEEK.
Which exact outputs do you use for the 9 channel stereo mode?
I haven't had any luck with getting any more than 6 channels to put out audio. In 9 channel stereo mode. Is there a trick to the settings to make all 8 channels put out at once? I don't use a center channel.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis