New Wharfedale Pacific Evolution Series

Z

ZoFo

Audioholic
Has anyone had a chance to hear this new line of speakers from Wharfedale? They are really beautiful speakers, expecially in the Rosewood veneer, have Kevelar drivers and a "decoupled tweeter pod" mounted on top of the speaker; a design that seems to be the rage these days.

If so what were you thoughts?

This line is right bellow their top-end Opus line and AudioAdvisor has the Evolution 30 for $1,300 a pair with a free pair of matching surrounds.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
It's a great speaker, especially when you add the great looks of the speaker to the great sound. Lots of speakers sound great at that price point, but they aren't finished like the Evos. The line isn't that new. They have been around for several years. They are an update to the Pacific line, and came out before the lower end Diamond 9 series.

Don't know for sure, but I imagine that they will update the Opus line next. I believe that Wharfedales will experience a price increase in the near future, as I think they are changing the way the distribute the speakers (at least that's what my local dealer told me.)

I don't know what other speakers you are considering, but the Wharfedales more than hold their on for price/performance ratio. There is a guy, avman I believe, who is a Wharfedale dealer in Alabama. He is very familiar with the Wharfedales.

Enjoy
X

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis