New Triple LNB Problems

D

DavidS827

Audioholic Intern
OK, last week I hooked up a new oval dish with a triple LNB. I am able to get a signal on my tv(HD is amazing by the way), but am having some other weird problems. When I have a satelite receiver on in one room and then go to another room and turn on another satelite receiver, one of them loses a signal until the other is turned off. I wasn't having this problem until I hooked up the triple lnb. Did I wire something incorrectly? I have the triple lnb with a built in multi switch that has to cables going to a 3x4 multi switch. I called DirecTV and they said to return the dish and lnb b/c they think it's broken. Does that sound right to anyone? Can I even hook two multi switches together?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Dave

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
I have the same set up. It is wired wrong...With a triple LNB it has a built in multiplexer (with 4 outputs) which allows 4 lines to 4 receivers. Remove the 2nd multiplexer (the 3x4) and run a line directly from the LNB, and that will solve it. If you need to have the 2nd multiplexer for your wiring then you need a 5x4 or 5x8 multiplexer (I'm using the Terk BMS 58)...the 2nd multiplexer needs all 4 lines from the LNB to function properly (requires the 22KHz signal from the LNB).

D

DavidS827

Audioholic Intern
Thanks, I appreciate the help. I had a feeling that was the problem!!!

D

DavidS827

Audioholic Intern
I just finished rewiring and everything is working perfectly. Thanks again!

dave

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Wow, you work fast! Glad to hear that everything works!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis