T

tonsoftork

Audiophyte
Hi ther I am David Salazar andI live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Glad I found this site!
Below is my current system and sounds really great compared to some I have heard in the $10,000 dollar range.:eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome!! First thing to go would be that sub. :) The S-38s are nice speakers though. They can take a lot more receiver than you are driving them with, so I wouldn't upgrade those anytime soon. What are your upgrade thoughts?

T

tonsoftork

Audiophyte
The sub sounds pretty good! I have heard of some failing electronically and quite abit of them, but mine has been kicking for 2 years now with no issues (rapidly knocking on wood). The s38's do sound good as well but I need to upgrade my surrounds they absolutly s*&k. Any suggestions?
David Salazar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Surrounds? Might look at the new JBL Studio L or even some Northridge E series.

The early PB-12s had amp problems, but later models seemed to have the problem solved. JBL was extending warranties I think due to the fact that it was a common problem. My buddy actually had one go up in smoke on him.

You can always replace it with a new PB-12. If you think yours rocks, this one will blow your socks off :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
tonsoftork said:
Hi ther I am David Salazar andI live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Glad I found this site!
Below is my current system and sounds really great compared to some I have heard in the $10,000 dollar range.:eek:
What is there to upgrade if this sounds great? What are you missing?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Just cause something sounds great doesn't mean it couldn't sound even better!:D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
David, I would certainly keep the Taurus 44 Mag, I had a Taurus M-44 ported in a 4 in barrel. Wish I would have kept it. However, I now have a Raging Bull 454:) soon to be replaced by this in a model 83 premier grade in 7 1/2in .454 Casull® with rosewood grips. :D

http://freedomarms.com/

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Rob Babcock said:
Just cause something sounds great doesn't mean it couldn't sound even better!:D

Well, he already indicated comparing it to $10K setups.:D

If he is in an upgradeitis at those prices, then he has his work cut out for him.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis