New to home, would like suggestions

M

markostlund

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hi, I know alot about car audio but not too much on home audio. &nbsp;i know enough on how to hook everything up and i can tell if a company is selling crappy products also. &nbsp;well what ive got soo far is a Adire Audio Rava powered sub(well i shouldnt say i have it yet but have ordered it). &nbsp;I really like Adire (was a awesome brand for car audio) and i know they got there start in home audio and figure they make good products for the money. &nbsp;now i want to add a receiver along with a nice set of towers. &nbsp;Im not looking for anything top of the line, just sumthing for me to enjoy vrs the junky shelf system i have now. &nbsp;what i could get realy cheap would be a pioneer receiver. &nbsp;and most likely am(its local and would be easy on wallet) &nbsp;now for the towers, ive liked the looks of the Infinity Alpha 50's. &nbsp;ive only seen these in a catalog for a store i wouldnt mind driving to. &nbsp;now what i want to know is 500 dollars a bad price for these? &nbsp;and im not sure if that is the price for one or for a pair. &nbsp;i know that they should be sold as pairs but who knows. &nbsp;the store might list that to get you in there. &nbsp;and for me to get there is a 2 hour drive. &nbsp;sucks where i live. &nbsp;150 miles from any decent audio store. &nbsp; also they had some Klipsch ones a littler cheaper. &nbsp;i think they are like referernce sereis 11 or sumthing. &nbsp;dont quote me on that. &nbsp;or what else do you think would work well with a budget or 500 maximum for a nice set. &nbsp;you guys are the ones that know the good brands.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Welcome to the forum
In the next few days there will be a system review
posted on the front page that fits your desires perfectly
You have a great start with that Adire subwoofer
Keep in mind that the system will only be as good as the installation and calibration of the system regardless of price
If you have any question please dont hesitate to ask
Happy Listening
Ray</font>

R

rpgonzalez

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>as you know with car audio...the biggest difference depends on where you go. Ive gone to all the chains and said to mysef, &quot;man, these bostons are all I got?&quot; I was dissapointed, but then I found this little shop on &nbsp;the corner that carried focal. Wow, whole 'nother league.

The &quot;good&quot; audio shops I have been to for home audio did not carry klipsch or infinity. They had B&amp;W, monitor, paradigm, theil and axiom.

So far...if you want bang for buck, I PERSONALLY am for paradigm. You hear people all the time mention that they are great for the money. Unfortunately, some audiophiles (with $$$) turn their noses up and dismiss paradigm as marketing genius and thats it.

If you are a $$$ watcher, (opinion) I would go for some paradigm monitor series or &quot;Monitor&quot; towers...and perhaps denon or yamaha for receivers. i have always been harman kardon fans, but their stuf kinda sucks nowadays.

My opinions are based off of word of mouth mostly, but word of mouth from entry level audiophiles</font>

M

markostlund

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hi, thanx for the replies. &nbsp;ill be sure to check out that review. &nbsp;yeah i know what you were saying. &nbsp;in car audio most say its 10 percent product and 90 percent Install. my room im guessing will be horrible acousticly. &nbsp;its only about 10feet by 12 feet. &nbsp;but then again with care this stuff should last me for quite a few years. &nbsp;there is a paradigm dealer near me but ive grown to dislike the retailer. &nbsp;mainly after the sale of two bad amps to me and having usually than retail prices. &nbsp; im just a senior in highschool and dont have tons of extra cash (well enough to buy some things) &nbsp;ill be sure to check and read around this site</font>

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
RLA : In the next few days there will be a system review
posted on the front page that fits your desires perfectly
Actually a precursor of that article is now posted here, although the pricing for the mains may be a little over what you are budgeting. You could look at the Axiom Audio M22ti's, assuming you can audition those.

As RLA stated, there will be a followup article soon with speakers that are more in line with your budget.</font>

M

markostlund

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>yes i did see those axioms.  i dont have the slightest of clues where the closest dealer is to me either.  im still planning and going and listening to these ifinitys.  the axioms look pretty nice.  and i like having products that no others do.</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
I dont believe that Axiom has a dealer distribution network
I believe that they are factory direct.Nice well rounded
speaker for the money offering alot of bang for the buck
If you look at these a warmer sounding amp is a good match</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers