new to home theatre

N

not_me

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hello people!

I just need a few things cleared and i tried your forum because u run the best quality-orientated A/V site that there is.
First of all I must say that i live in eastern Europe (Romania) and that here there isn't so much to chose from,Marantz and companies alike practicaly don't exist, I personaly don't know of a Denon dealer . That beeing said the options worth considering are names like Sony,Panasonic,Jvc,Pioneer and other well known Hi-Fi manufacturers.
In search of a reasonable good HT experience with a moderated price i turned to Sony and it's ES series and after the advertiseing one can see I start to wonder why shouldn't I just sell my car and buy the gear but this site realy opened my eyes and i started to wonder if it is a good choice , so i turned to you guys...
I read the review of the Sony ES DVD player and it looked like it was good if not very good considering the price,i would also like to know an idea or two about the ES series receivers and loudspeakers.
If you don't think they are a particulary good choice in that price segment (dvd+receiver+loudspeakers=aprox 3000$), tell me please what are my other options from the above mentioned &quot;well known manufacturers&quot;.
Also I don't know what does this mean: Power Handling Capacity Rated is 100W and &quot;max DIN&quot; is 200W for a loudspeaker. What is the diference? Witch one represents the RMS value?

Thanks for reading and please excuse my english.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis