Need help to figure out a setup for my theater room

A

AlphaS3v3n

Audiophyte
Hi I’m new to home theater and trying to figure out a speaker setup for my living room.
Living room is 11ft wide by 23ft deep with two reclining couches one in front of the other
I have the following Klipsch speakers.
2 of the RF-82 towers 2 of the RP-280FA towers 1 of the RP-450C center 1 of the R-12sw sub
1 HSU VTF-3 Mk5 15in sub
2 svs Prime elevation speakers
With an Onkyo tx-nr777 receiver which will be upgraded to a denon avr-x6500h or avr-x6400h.
I will be using using the system for 95% movie viewing 5% music

I might hold on to the onkyo until Black Friday or Christmas. I was going to use the Denon for theater room since it has higher wattage per channel and put the onkyo in the living room/ dinning room area for music.
I will probably sell the Klipsch sub to get a matching sub, the only problem is that I won’t have room upfront for it.
It will be a dedicated theater room with a Samsung 82in 8000U
The room is open to a hall way on one side and then a small opening to master bedroom on the other. The laundry room door was switched over to the hall way side marked by green The rest of the upstairs and just has a 3.5ft wall around the staircase.
Light control will be in heavy curtains extending the length of the room on either side of couches where the red lines are in the picture below. I want to build a riser for the second row of seating but won’t do that project until October or November and research it more.

I’m not sure if should use the Klipsch RP-280FA with built in atmos in the back and the svs prime elevations as highs upfront, or keep the RP-280FA with built in atmos in the front and mount the svs elevation on the ceiling between the two couches to use as R/L surrounds

Attachments

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Looks like a very high bang for the buck system you are building there. Regarding your question of the SVS Elevation speakers vs the Klipsch Atmos speakers, I would use the Elevation speakers as Atmos height channel speakers. For Atmos, try to stay as close to the placement guidelines as is shown in the Dolby Home Atmos Installation Guide. Good luck!

A

AlphaS3v3n

Audiophyte
Looks like a very high bang for the buck system you are building there. Regarding your question of the SVS Elevation speakers vs the Klipsch Atmos speakers, I would use the Elevation speakers as Atmos height channel speakers. For Atmos, try to stay as close to the placement guidelines as is shown in the . Good luck!
Thank you!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis