T

tyrath25

Audiophyte
Hey, I'm new here, and really don't know a whole bunch about high end audio equipment. I don't really trust reviews because they are just some guys opinions and I value these forums because people here care about what they're talking about. Anyways, I was wondering if you could take a look at what I'm thinking about and giving me any advice, help, or pointers. Thanks in advance...

Here is what I'm looking at...
Amplifier- Technical Hi-FI Blue Ice X 5000
Speakers- Yamaha S115 V 15 inch. 2 way
Subwoofer- Cerwin Vega Je 36 Junior Earthquake- 18 inch. sub

Would this perform at high volume for hours at a time with good sound, durability, and consistency? Again, I appreciate your help.

tyrath

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I'm confused, you don't trust reviews because they are "just some guy's opinion" but you trust some guys opinion on a forum? Are you suggesting that our reviewers don't really "care what they are talking about"? I think our forums are a great source of information but to discount our reviews out of hand like that seems bad form.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Everything you read or hear about a product is just someone's opinion. If you don't trust that, you'll have to go listen to every product you're interested in yourself and form your own opinion.

That amp seems to be a DJ amp. Will that setup get loud? Yep. Will it sound good, well that is a different can of worms...

T

tyrath25

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
I'm confused, you don't trust reviews because they are "just some guy's opinion" but you trust some guys opinion on a forum? Are you suggesting that our reviewers don't really "care what they are talking about"? I think our forums are a great source of information but to discount our reviews out of hand like that seems bad form.
That's sort of right. What's better 1 person's opinon who is paid to write them...granted he/she may know a lot, or 10 people's opinions? The 10 people who will bring in more insight and possible alternatives from their larger collective knowledge base than a write-up on an individual product that may or may not work as well as the next product with another component I am considering.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
tyrath25 said:
That's sort of right. What's better 1 person's opinon who is paid to write them...granted he/she may know a lot, or 10 people's opinions? The 10 people who will bring in more insight and possible alternatives from their larger collective knowledge base than a write-up on an individual product that may or may not work as well as the next product with another component I am considering.
Ummmmm I am confused here. Sounds like to me you are talking in circles w/o making any sense whatsoever. Care to clarify?:eek: :eek:

T

tyrath25

Audiophyte
speakerman39 said:
Ummmmm I am confused here. Sounds like to me you are talking in circles w/o making any sense whatsoever. Care to clarify?:eek: :eek:

Well, I don't go on one review - I like to hear people's opinions on the entire proposed setup as opposed to just one component at a time with no regards to the rest of the equipment comprising of the set.

The other side of the coin (the one you're not looking at) is that our reviewers get paid whether it's a good or bad review, and you're comparing 10 people who may have familiarity with one or two products and a reviewer who may have used 10 or 20...

I wouldn't be so quick to broadbrush the other side of this site.

T

tyrath25

Audiophyte
Clint DeBoer said:
The other side of the coin (the one you're not looking at) is that our reviewers get paid whether it's a good or bad review, and you're comparing 10 people who may have familiarity with one or two products and a reviewer who may have used 10 or 20...

I wouldn't be so quick to broadbrush the other side of this site.

I really don't think I said anything bad about any reviewers. If I used a wrong term I apologize. I just considered one review about one piece of equipment to only be a part of the whole package. I was under the impression that certain pieces of equipment worked better with other pieces. Like I said, I am really pretty clueless about this. Really no offense to any reviewer - they're great for what they do, but I guess I was just looking for a more personalized evaluation of the equipment. I've read the reviews of what I'm looking at, I just want to know a little more, cover as many bases as I can before I drop $1500.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately, this forum is geared toward home audio and video not much of the pro-audio. You might get more appropriate responses and information over at djforums.com if this is the venue you are pursuing.

T

tyrath25

Audiophyte
AVRat said:
Unfortunately, this forum is geared toward home audio and video not much of the pro-audio. You might get more appropriate responses and information over at djforums.com if this is the venue you are pursuing.

thanks...I appreciate your help

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis