new speaker technology.

annunaki

annunaki

Mustang_Steve,

Sorry to say, but that is "old news". This has been out for some time now. The government has a few contracts with them for ship to ship communications that cannot be intercepted. They ( ATC and the Defense Department) are also experimenting with it for other uses.

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
I think that the ultrasonic sound principal is not pratical for home stereo or home theater sound reproduction anyways because it is too focused. You would have to have so many of the drivers in a system to reproduce music or movies at all the listening points in a room that you quickly loose this technologys gretest advantage, its size. Call me crazy but after this post is put to the back burner I think that we will seldom hear of this concept again. (as long as USA Today leaves audio review to the pros.)
Greg

Posted 5/20/2003 8:48 AM
Yes old, but still cool. This invention would be cool and potentially problematic at the same time, depending upon how small and inexpensively they could eventually make it. I am surprised that after a year and a half we haven't seen it used in the marketplace yet. Someone's trying to get rich in one fell swoop.

I see no practical home theater application for it that wireless headphones wouldn't best, unless it was surround channels projected to the rear of a room where it would otherwise be impossible/problematic to install surrounds. The fidelity of this device would likely be pretty low.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis