• Option #3: BootMagz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys;

We are looking towards refreshing the Audioholics Editorial site.

Here are a few template options which would be customized to fit our site and look.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><![endif]--> Option 1: Summarize
Summarize - Responsive Blog/Magazine

Option #2: Magazine 686
686 Magazine

Option #3: BootMagz
BootMagz : Magazine Style Theme built with Bootstrap

<!--[if gte mso 9]><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <![endif]-->
Tell us which one you prefer and why. We kinda have our favorite already but want your input too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
Voted for Magazine 686 (1 column view)...

I like the "cleaner" look... :)

Maybe offer a mobile site too... (with compatibility for older browsers)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I like 686. Clean, simple and will look good IMO with an AH theme.

Bootmagz is too boring and summarize is too cluttered. IMO.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Both Summarize and Magazine 686 look great on Chrome for Android with a mobile layout. Magazine seems like it would offer better hierarchical organization and navigation of content. Bootmagz has no appropriate layout for mobile and needs to be disqualified with gasoline and a match.

Edit: Now that I look properly on a PC, I notice that Summarize offers bread crumbs for navigation, while Magazine 686 does not. It'd be handy while reading a review on a subwoofer if the user could click a bread crumb to view a listing of all subwoofer reviews; or while reading an explanation of the subwoofer crawl, click a bread crumb to list all tutorials, as a couple of examples. Could bread crumbs be enabled on the Magazine layout?

If not, I guess the tag and category lists on the right column of Magazine will do. But man, it's not a clear-cut victory either way after closer inspection. Magazine is more aesthetically appealing, so I'm comfortable with my vote for Magazine. I think.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not big fan of any of the options, but for me Summarize is lesser of evils plus is has responsive layout which I appreciate

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I said Summarize because Magazine is exactly that, identical to every single print magazine that has a companion site! You offer a great variety of content, and Summarize looks to make that easier to navigate!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Summarize does look to be the easiest to navigate, however I'm not crazy about the look. 686 looks cleaner and less complicated and is simply more appealing appearance wise. BootMagz looks too common and cluttered.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The template with pictures of women is getting the most votes. Shocking.

:D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I was actually leaning towards Bootmagz for its simplicity but we will likely do a combo of the best of all 3. Summarize is nice but too complicated IMO. I want the site to be easy to navigate and be very visual. I like the rotating featured article of Bootmagz but I also like the layout of Magazine686. We want the site to be a responsive design that adapts to screen resolution which would also make it good on tablets and portable devices. I am also looking at separating reviews from previews if possible, perhaps a split column approach.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Summarize. When utilized properly (Arstechnica's 3 column view) it makes it easy to present multiple topics with ease, quick navigation is a cinch, and leading headlines are right there without pushing anything else out of the way.

Anandtech is also formatted this way *but 2 column.

Drop down system works really well with large format menus.

Ability in right adjusted column to present ordered lists (latest posts, most popular trending etc) is really nice.

Also shows good on Tablet and Phone.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis