C

cop9980

Audiophyte
I'm looking to see what everyone's thoughts were on the best 7.1 or 7.2 Receiver for under $500? I don't plan on buying a 4k tv anytime soon so I don't think I need HDMI 2.0 necessarily do I? I have large speakers so I would like a powerful system. I'm replacing a Pioneer VSX-920. Thanks for the help.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
I'm looking to see what everyone's thoughts were on the best 7.1 or 7.2 Receiver for under $500? I don't plan on buying a 4k tv anytime soon so I don't think I need HDMI 2.0 necessarily do I? I have large speakers so I would like a powerful system. I'm replacing a Pioneer VSX-920. Thanks for the help.
So what speakers do you have? How large is your room? How loud do you listen?

C

cop9980

Audiophyte
Its my living room, 22x20 with cathedral ceiling. I know its a horrible room to try to make sound good. I have 4 in wall 6.5 monoprice surround speakers. A BIC formula center speaker and Pioneer SP-FS52 floor speakers for the front. I only have one PSW10 polk sub but plan to add another. We mainly watch tv shows/Sports and blue-ray Movies.

C

cop9980

Audiophyte
Thanks for the suggestions, I never really understood the advantage of any of the entry levle "elite" series of the different brands I guess. I always just looked at nicer lower end series.

C

cop9980

Audiophyte
I think I will go with the Denon, hard to beat the price for a great receiver. How would I send a signal over to my second receiver I use as a whole house audio though? My second receiver does not have hdmi.

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
I think with poor room acoustics you should pay lots of attention to the room correction software that's available on the receiver. If you need to pay extra $200 to get better and more advanced program, I'd definitely do that. Also ... just buy a few models you're thinking about on Amazon or Crutchfield. Play around with them Keep one you like and return the others. Usually no cost to you.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I think I will go with the Denon, hard to beat the price for a great receiver. How would I send a signal over to my second receiver I use as a whole house audio though? My second receiver does not have hdmi.
You use the Zone 2 stereo preouts to any analog stereo input in the second receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis