New receiever... rxv-1300?

N

NickB

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I currently have a Yamaha rxv-420 and listen to more music than movies. &nbsp;Is it worth it for me to upgrade to a new receiever? &nbsp;I'm set on the 1300 if I do upgrade since I like the Yamaha sound. &nbsp;My speakers are boston acoustics vr-940 floorstanders($500/pr) &nbsp;and a pv-600 sub($450). &nbsp;Thanks for any opinions, I'm still new at this.</font>

<font color='#000080'>Are you looking at the 1300 because the 1400 just came out? It will definitely save you some money. That would be a good upgrade path for you in my opinion.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>I would vote for the 1400 too as it has an improved amp section and the YPAO feature is really useful.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I own the RX-V1300 and would say that if you budget permits you to, get the 1400.

I have no major complaints about my 1300 at all, it is however lacking in bassmangement, only 90Hz for small speakers. And DTS 96/24. &nbsp;These are not that big a deal to me so I am not concerned.

:)~

Bob</font>

N

NickB

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I know the 1400 has some nice new features, but my question was moreso about how much of a difference I will notice going from the rxv420 to the 1300 or 1400. &nbsp;Thanks.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Nick;

While I haven't directly compared the other two receivers you mentioned, I was absolutely blown away by the dynamics of the Yamaha RXV-1400 when mated with 7 Yamaha speakers in a huge room (about 3000 ft^3) at a private showing they invited me to. &nbsp;For your reference, my parents own an older Yamaha RXV-795a receiver. &nbsp;While it is a great little receiver, IMO its not even in the same league as the new RXV-1400. &nbsp;If you have your heart set on upgrading, I would recommend saving your pennies for this one.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis