New PS3 Models Include White Color, 320GB Hard Drive

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
New PlayStation 3 Models Include White Color, 320GB Hard Drive

New models to be introduced in Japan later this month.
By Frank Cifaldi, 07/05/2010

Sony will introduce updated PlayStation 3 models in Japan this month, including a new white unit and models with higher storage capacity.

The new 320GB model -- along with a new 160GB version -- will replace the standard 120GB model later this month. The 160GB version will cost 29,980 yen (around $342), white the 320GB model will run 34,980 yen (around $400).

In addition to the standard charcoal color, the 160GB version will also be sold in a new Classic White color (pictured) for the same price. White DualShock 3 controllers and vertical stands will also be available.

Source: 1up

N

Nugu

Audioholic
I'd go for a white fat-ps3, if all my other stuff wasn't black already. White slim is just kinda eh.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Will these eventually be available in the US?

N

Nugu

Audioholic
It only took them what 2 years to give us white ps3 controllers? I'd look for them in 1-2 years in the US.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The white ones have been available in Japan for a long time for the Fat.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Will these eventually be available in the US?
I doubt it, the US market get's black and if memory serves me we did get a silver PS2, I do know that you could get a case mod which is of a different color but that was for the PS2 nothing yet for the PS3. We will most likely see a 320GB Slim sometime this year.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw colored "covers" that clip onto the outside of the Slim in PToM, not unlike the stickers for the Fat. They can have designs or simply be solid colors. I don't know if they are actually available yet or not, but they would have to be really cheap since they don't do anything.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Now that I think about different color consoles are so last century, since I like to be different I will be pimping my PS3 with the latest Bling Effect.

24K Gold it only took 10 rappers to make this.:D

Or

This one only took 5:D

And these could be yours for the low low price of $5,000

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Actually, the slim Ps2 got a bunch of colored updates. There was the Black one, the silver one, and the white one that came with the microphone game or whatever.

What happened to consoles with all sorts of colors? Like the N64, there was black, silver, clear purple, clear blue, clear green, etc, and all the controllers came in basically whatever color you wanted, and were all made by Nintendo - not that Pellican crap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis