New place, new system

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
By looking at the cover art after reading your post I've come to detect sarcasm. :D
Hmmm, cover art you say? Not very original I must say.
The subtle strokes and overall brushwork is very reminiscent of early masterpieces such as "Fear of the Dark" and the truly magnificent "Live after Death"

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Really? , I mean really? only Seth could see the deep and subtle meaning of my recent posts here?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Brothers of metal know no masters
Metal's our religion
Take it to the grave

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I've decided to keep the Wave Crest speakers and order two more for surrounds.
The Bostons are now on eBay.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
The new pair of speakers was delivered today. Now I have 5 identical speakers which I have never had before so I happy about that.

I will post my thoughts on these speakers tomorrow.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
My thought on these speakers.
Build quality is just ok. About what you expect from $200 speakers. One complain is the grilles. They are difficult to take off and it feels like they will break when you are trying to take them off.
Looks wise, yes they are just black boxes with sharp edges but I think they look pretty good with the grilles off.

Now on the most important thing, the sound. My first thought after listening to them is that they have a neutral sound. Very good balance of mids and highs. Bass is also pretty good for a speaker of this size. It is tight and not boomy. Maybe the front ports help with that?
The soundstage is not very wide but the depth is good. Very good actually for the price point. Good resolution too.
What impresses me the most with these speakers, is the highs. Very clear highs for a soft dome tweeter. Dialogue in movies is greatly improved from the Boston A series I was using before.
Movies sound very good even in my wide open living area. Music also sounds good. No mushy bass or piercing highs. Just the right amount of balance of highs and lows.

Overall, these are very good all around performers at the price point. I definitely recommend them to anyone with a limited budget. 5 of these and a $500 sub from one of the ID companies gives you a very capable system for $1000 in a small to medium room.

I am impressed for the price and satisfied with my purchase.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis