New Phillips Pronto Remote

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>Has anyone seen the new TSU500 Pronto Neo Universal Remote from Phillips? &nbsp;Very impressive looking unit; it looks like it keeps 90% of the features of the Pronto at just over half the price. And E-cost.com is selling refurbs for only $80! &nbsp;I've bought refurbs from them in the past and they stand by their product. &nbsp;And that's well under half the normal cost, with free shipping.

This looks like a screaming deal, but I've never used one. &nbsp;Anyone have an opinion on this one?</font>

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Rob,

I hope it's simpler to program than the old Pronto. I have the RC5000i, the Marantz equivalent to Pronto. My wife makes fun of the fact that I never put a $400 remote to use. I've tried to edit the graphics on the screen and can't seem to get it right, the layers come out wrong.

I could probably figure it out with enough time, but who has the patience. A remote should not be that hard. Hopefully the user friendliness on the new model is vastly improved.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>That's what I have been afraid of. &nbsp;I know lots of folks that use the larger Pronto have them configured by pro installers, and even that takes time &amp; expense.</font>

<font color='#000080'>I can't say enough about the MX-700, but I'm also going to get to experience the LCD remote that comes with the Integra separates I'm slated to review next month... That should be a cool thing.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>The MX-700 looks more interesting to me personally, but I also think that for the price the refurb Philips might be 'fun' to experiment with.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I just read a very positive review of the NEO Pronto on Wes Phillips website (www.onhometheater.com). &nbsp;Very interesting. &nbsp;He thinks it's a great unit, fairly easy to use, although programming involves a bit of 'geek-work.'</font>

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Rob,

There a bunch of user reviews on it (and any other remote on the planet) at Remote Central.</font>

<font color='#000080'>So far I hate the CHAD remote that comes with the Integra... Bulky, clugey and the programming interface is quirky. So far it will not take IR input (learn) from my MX-700...

I will even chalk much of it up to user error - but that's the point. It should be easier.

It is very hard for me not to simply run back to the MX-700 and forget about the CHAD - but I have to review it.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis