New Panasonic UHD Blu-ray Player - the Next Oppo?

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Ratings
Sorry I'm a video engineer so I may have this wrong. But I believe Panasonic's UB9000 will decode and play DSD audio from a ripped DVD or streaming.

As you can see my reply to sterling shoote's question was "I believe the UB9000 will pay a DVD that was ripped with DSD audio" So yes we were referring to a ripped DVD with DSD audio.

From what I was told and know Panasonic's UB9000 is capable of playing all Hi Res lossless audio formats.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
3,546 16 36
Sorry I'm a video engineer so I may have this wrong. But I believe Panasonic's UB9000 will decode and play DSD audio from a ripped DVD or streaming.

As you can see my reply to sterling shoote's question was "I believe the UB9000 will pay a DVD that was ripped with DSD audio" So yes we were referring to a ripped DVD with DSD audio.

From what I was told and know Panasonic's UB9000 is capable of playing all Hi Res lossless audio formats.
Yah, misread Sterling's post about downloading DSD to burn onto a DVD disc (was thinking that he had referred to his SACD collection). I'll trust Sterling that he's already been able to burn a DVD with DSD....whether the player can handle that is a good question, tho it makes sense that the player probably doesn't care what media DSD is presented on....

Now, about that comment that the player should be better for DAC....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
3,546 16 36
Do you believe there equals, and to get get the best audio from movies should I use 7.1 analog or the hdmi audio out? Thank you. I'm still in audio quality training. Even though I have been a audioholic for years .
FWIW really depends on the analog section of the player vs whatever you can connect to digitally....and the difference is likely to be extremely small.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis
  • CEDIA