New Monolith concentric THX sats

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Oof.
Only 81dB sensitivity.
No indication of how much power these can take before possible failure.
I would have to give them 4w for every 1 I give my other Speakers... that could add up fast.

I like the concept though. It would be cool to see them grow these into something more dignified. Put out 6" or 8" version that can hang with most HT gear.

Regardless, Mono-Mono is putting out some seriously cool stuff.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
They certainly aren’t efficient haha, compared to the ML’s I use for height channels right now. But I’ve got a pair of Parasounds I’m using for those 4 channels so I would hope they would keep up. Who knows man, for the price I figured I would take a shot and worst case if they don’t work out I’ll use them as mains and surrounds in my bedroom system with a pair of older Atlantic Technology 272 12” THX subs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My bigger fear would be not just that you would need more power to these to compensate for sensitivity alone, but placed in Atmos locations, they may even compound issues by being far enough away that they will cause room correction to down-level everything else to compensate.
If Mono is offering a good return policy, it could be worth the audition. It just bites that any chance of spending $250 +shipping, possibly both way, seems a probable risk.
I could see these perhaps working in a bedroom setup. Just make certain your subs are up to the task of a high cross... even 120 seems low for these; probably need 150, 160Hz.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
My bigger fear would be not just that you would need more power to these to compensate for sensitivity alone, but placed in Atmos locations, they may even compound issues by being far enough away that they will cause room correction to down-level everything else to compensate.
If Mono is offering a good return policy, it could be worth the audition. It just bites that any chance of spending $250 +shipping, possibly both way, seems a probable risk.
I could see these perhaps working in a bedroom setup. Just make certain your subs are up to the task of a high cross... even 120 seems low for these; probably need 150, 160Hz.
Yeah in my experience even with M&K LCR750 MKII’s and Atlantic Technology 271LR’s both of which use double the midranges, they weren’t happy unless crossed over at 120-150hz. I wouldn’t be surprised if these needed 200hz.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis