New member needs AV help!

T

tftrue

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am planning on putting the following speakers throughout my house, with an emphasis on listening to music, not home theater, but want reasonable surroud sound in the AV area. &nbsp;I want to power the whole of the house from one location. &nbsp;Here is my plan for speakers and placement: &nbsp;Living room (main area) &nbsp;2 Klipsch RF3II towers in front L&amp;R &nbsp;one Klipsh RC3-II center channel in front, 2 RCW5 in wall as rear surrounds, and one KSW 12 sub. &nbsp;Pool table room: &nbsp;2 Klipsch RCW5 in wall speakers, Patio: existing JBL outdoor speakers (small, 2), Hallway, 1 Boston Accoustics VRS micro ceiling mounted, the other in the master bath. Mater bedroom 2 Boston Accoustics DSI480 in wall for music. &nbsp;The speakers are purchased and new (except for patio) and now I want to purchase the right receiver to power all of these speakers as they would be reasonably used in normal life and entertaining. &nbsp;I was going to put volume controls for the bedroom speakers, the patio, the hallway and the bathroom since not close to the main area. &nbsp;The pool table room is close to the main area and could use a remote from a dual zone receiver via a remote repeater. &nbsp;I will be listening to music at relatively high levels in the main area and the pool table room. &nbsp;I am on a very tight budget and will have to be careful what I spend to complete this, and will be doing the cabling and &nbsp;set up myself for the most part. &nbsp;The main seating area in the living room near big screen is within 3 feet of the rear wall, not leaving room behind for good placement of a rear center channel.

Could someone help?:
A. &nbsp;point out problems with speaker choices if obvious B. &nbsp;Explain to me how to determine the power needed for these speakers to function and a reasonably effective way when most are on at once &nbsp;C. &nbsp;Best way to control and manage these zones, I do not want the volume changing in the pool table room when there is a change at the main area or other area D. Tell me if there are any receivers that have remotes that will go through walls, i.e not need line of sight to receiver of repeater
E. &nbsp;Give me your opinion if getting a 7.1 receiver would be worth it to a guy like me that isn't looking for theater quality spatial separation (I could save quite a bit going with a few year older technology at 5.1 and get more power) &nbsp;F. How to set up and control the main area so that I can listen to movies and get good results and switch to music and have classic 4 channel performance (I was putting the RCW5's in the rear of the living room main area since the bass is the best of the wall mounts that I have and would perhaps perform better as the rear channel in normal stereo use. &nbsp;My friend has the klipsch rear surround speakers but they give the room an off balance feel when listening to music). &nbsp;these are most of my concerns and will deeply appreciate any insight into any of these questions, or referrals to other posts which may have already answered a topic as I am new to this site. &nbsp;Thanks and feel free to email if necessary. &nbsp;Tim, tftrue@hotmail.com</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis