New Marantz receivers on website - SR6004/5004

G

gqmagic

Junior Audioholic
Good, when the 7*** and 8*** models come out the prices will go down for the 8001 and 8002 :D:D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
* Marantz SR6004 *

This is a real beauty, Thanks Cory. :)

* Way to go Marantz too; they put all their logos on top of the receiver, not on the front face, where it destroys the cosmetics, the sex appeal.

Last edited:
Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
It looks like a downgrade to me. There are less inputs and outputs.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I'm mostly interested to see if they've skimped on the amp section. I'm guessing they haven't, but who knows.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'm really interested in the NR1501. I've been looking for a slim receiver for my living room setup and that would be perfect. MSRP of 599 so I hope the street price will be under 500.

Last edited by a moderator:
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I'm really interested in the NR1501. I've been looking for a slim receiver for my living room setup and that would be perfect. MSRP of 599 so I hope the street price will be under 500.

You might have a hard time finding a Marantz below the listed prices from an authorized dealer. Let me know if you do though. :)

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
anyone know if the GUI will be an overlay? Or will it black out the screen then pull up then menu like the 6003?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
anyone know if the GUI will be an overlay? Or will it black out the screen then pull up then menu like the 6003?
Hey Steve, just get one for a demo test. :)

* Honestly at this point, I'm not sure. But it'll come, just be patient. ;)

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
If Marantz designed this so Audyssey can be used with the HD codecs over HDMI....I'd say they've created one heck of a receiver...

I guess the decrease in inputs doesn't bother me... For the 5004 - 3 HDMI, 2 coax & 2 optical, along with some analog and a few video connections that I don't need....

Plus, you still get pre-amp outs (although a 2nd sub out would be nice), and they've added Audyssey Dynamic EQ & Dynamic volume...

In fact, if they finally added independent crossovers like Denon has, the 5004 would be the perfect AVR for me...

EDIT: checked the manual, and it looks like Marantz still hasn't added independent crossover settings....damn...

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
EDIT: checked the manual, and it looks like Marantz still hasn't added independent crossover settings....damn...
Personally I'm fine with that, I never use different x-overs for my speakers,
and would not like too.

* This is my own personal opinion, based on smart thinking. ;)

S

snmhanson

Junior Audioholic

If that had pre-outs I'd be all over it...

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Personally I'm fine with that, I never use different x-overs for my speakers,
and would not like too.

* This is my own personal opinion, based on smart thinking. ;)
I would say if you have identical speakers all the way around that's fine. But if not, this a great feature for blending. Those that use a unit like the dcx2496 find it a great improvement to the soundstage with the correct slopes applied with independent crossover settings.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis