New Home Theater System

R

ryan garvin

Audiophyte
Looking to start looking into purchasing the proper equipment for my new home theater system but I am not ver familiar with this process. Basically I have 3 serperate rooms that I want to be able to connect to the AV receiver. In the main room (1) it will be a 5 speaker (2 front, 2 rear ,1 center) hook up, farther back in the serpate room (2) will be two speakers around the bar(left and right) area, then 4 additional speakers that are in a seperate room (3) upstairs (2 front /2 rear).

When playing iPod/cds want to drive the speakers bar (room 2) and upstairs speakers (room 3). Is there an A,B,C type switch box option to drive different rooms or all ? .

All the wire is already installed the meet in the central location where the av reviever will reside. What is the best way to expand the channel capability to the AV receiver since they don't typically go more than 7 channels. Are there other options besides purchasing a serpate amp to drive all these locations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Are you planning to have remote volume control capability in the secondary zones? Remote source selection? Is the wiring already in place capable of supporting these options?

One thing is for sure, you’re going to need a two-zone AVR, or maybe even a three-zone, depending on your operating desires. And you’re going to need outboard amplification for all those speakers.

As you can see, multi-room systems are complicated and often beyond the capabilities of the novice DIYer. I’d suggesting checking Home Theater Direct, they specialize in reasonably-priced multi-room equipment.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis