"New home" setup for music - need advice

J

JeanDit

Audiophyte
Hello guys, I'm new around : )

I need help! Ill try to explain my situation : )
I just moved to a new place and I'm trying to setup my home for audio/tv.

I currently own the follwing:

• 2 Audiophysics speakers (Spark III) plugged to a Naim (Nait 5i). I love this setup for music.
  • I've got 6 speakers wires passed in my walls, 2 front kitchen, 2 back kitchen, 2 outside for musics in my backyard (the wires gauges is ".12" and I have between 16 and 45 feets long depending on the speakers).
My needs are:

• Being able to listen T.V. and have the sound on the kitchen speaker if needed
  • Being able to listen music via my Western Digital TV and have the sound on the kitchen speakers if needed, outside speakers, and also to my audiophysics speakers.
  • Of course, having my CD reader for music to my audiophysics speakers, and also if needed kitchen speakers and outside speakers.

I need recomendation for:

• The 6 speakers (4 kitchen and 2 outside) are not bought yet
  • Something to route all that source sound: I know I might have to buy an Amp, a mixer, a DAC, a channel switcher, to route the sound everywhere, (I'm hearing all kind of recommandations)...

What would be yours?!

- I'm looking for the best bang for the buck solution -

Regards <3

J

JeanDit

Audiophyte
Hehe. Is my question to weird to be answered ?

:(

My local shop recommanded me some speakers: BX1 from Monitor Audio.
While searching for those I also found that the MX1 from "Mission" where also well rated.

They also recommanded me Elan A2 to drive those...

And they gave me Sonos web site to read about their distribution products.

Any tought on that?

PEace.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

You're question certainly isn't too weird. :) That's a good question. I don't have any good suggestions for you, but I'll bump your thread so that maybe others will see it.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
[*]The 6 speakers (4 kitchen and 2 outside) are not bought yet
Soffit mounted bookshelves? In ceilings? In walls?

Please elaborate.

And yes, the sonos stuff is wonderful if you've got in the budget. One of the local hi fi shops near me runs this stuff and the simplicity was outstanding.

J

JeanDit

Audiophyte
Thanks guys for your replies : )

Yes, I'm looking for mounted bookshelves. Not something to big..

In fact, my main problem right now is how am I going to manage many sources of sounds and 3 set of speakers.

I'm comming from the studio world, and the answer would be: a mixer! I could manage my stuff with channels and all the I/Os...

But in a home setup like mine, what should I use ?

thanks again,

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks guys for your replies : )

Yes, I'm looking for mounted bookshelves. Not something to big..

In fact, my main problem right now is how am I going to manage many sources of sounds and 3 set of speakers.

I'm comming from the studio world, and the answer would be: a mixer! I could manage my stuff with channels and all the I/Os...

But in a home setup like mine, what should I use ?

thanks again,
I know a few of the custom install guys around here can definitely help you after they stumble across this thread. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis