New Emotiva Gear for CES

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
This is exciting news indeed! A side benefit is that you can get some killer deals right now on their website for their current/out-going lineup. Recently picked up an XPA-1L monoblock to drive a massive center channel. Rocks hard and picked it up for a song. :cool:

That said, I can't wait to try out their new stuff!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am interested in seeing how the Airmotiv S12 subwoofer competes with the SVS SB2000 and Aperion Bravus 12d.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I am interested in seeing how the Airmotiv S12 subwoofer competes with the SVS SB2000 and Aperion Bravus 12d.
I'm with ya. Looks like they're really expanding they're line up by a lot! I love Emotiva as a company, so I hope they just nail it with all their new products, but I'm also curious how they'll stack up against our beloved SVS subs. Can't wait to see Audioholic's reviews on them!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Since it PR design I think closest match is actually Elac Debut S12EQ

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Actually, a good PR design should be comparable in performance to ported designs, so a comparison to the SB2000 is not apt. I have been waiting a long time for a good PR design. We will see if Emotiva has pulled it off.

T

Tonycpa

Audiophyte
I would like to know why they discontinued their reference line of amplifiers. Was demand to weak?

In the past they had the XPA gen II and a reference line.

I am glad to see that the company decided to fix the humming problem which was a known issue that Emotiva tech support and owner's widely acknowledged.

Excerpt from Emotiva announcement:
"Third, Emotiva says that they have virtually eliminated low frequency line noise and hum. The result is that the new XPA Gen 3 series low frequency noise floor is lower than the Gen 2 models. Through this careful design of the power supply and paying attention to EMI and RFI performance, Emotiva says that they have a better sounding, quieter, and more powerful amplifier design that also has the added benefit of flexibility."
Source:
Theo Nicolakis, Audioholics, article dated December 21, 2015. Sorry, I can't post link to source until I have 10 posts. Forum rules.

Looking forward to Gene and Hugo testing and confirming in one of their entertaining vids in the future.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am curious about the amps, had I not already invested so much into the Parasound, I would seriously considered these (review pending of course)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis